Thousand Thrones

The thousand threads
ExReey

I wonder if there's a possibility C7 remakes the TTT campaign for v4... I'd love that.
Orin J.

ExReey wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:21 pm I wonder if there's a possibility C7 remakes the TTT campaign for v4... I'd love that.
probably nil, really. they seem to be focused on recreating the lore out of first and they have The enemy Within to get into print first.
Knight of the Lady

Sorry for thread-necromnacy but I wanted to make a suggestion in regards to the infamous chicken hunt. And I didn't think it deserved a whole new thread.

That is to replace the chicken hunt with a cow hunt. The benefits here are that a cows are worth more and so would justify offering the players a money reward for it to make them more interested in completing it.

My idea is that in the village a certain family has gobbled up the best, and much of the rest, of the land and devoted their holdings to raising cattle. This has made them much richer and the rest poorer which has naturally lead to some tension within the village. But now the cattle are under threat by either rustlers of some kind of monster with a taste for rare beef. So the family raising the cattle offers the players lots of money, for them, to solve the problem.

EDITED: Should allow the players to both see the life in an fairly normal village and also get some information about groups who are after Karl. As well as allow for characters with non-combat skills to shine a bit.

Ideas for what it could be and how it could tie in with the rest of the campaign are as follows:

Normal outlaws or some random monster or dangerous predatory animal - Earn the characters some money to help them further one.

Rustlers from the village who decided to get in on the action - Can lead to the characters either getting money for stopping the rustlers or get a trinket from one of the poorer peasants that they can use to gain help and information from members of the village who have joined the crusade. It won't be a like an "I win" button but might give a small advantage in a few situations that can make a difference, as well as get an opening into the people following the crusade with some who have joined it previously talking in favor of the characters.

Cult feeding cattle to some hideous monster to keep a lower profile - Could give some information about the Nurgle cult seeking to take control over Karl from stuff found on or with the cultists

Amber Wizard or Priest of Taal who was insulted, or something, away by the nouveau riche of the village and now gives some payback. - Could lead to the characters getting a favor from the Cult of Taal or some aid for a short to medium length of time from the Amber Wizard, if they don't stop these and don't behave like assholes to either priest or wizard.

A less powerful Strigoi and a small band of ghouls who are searching for a Blood Dragon nearby and are taking the cattle, instead of people, to maintain a low profile in the area - Could give some more information about the vampire interest in Karl and also get the characters to meet the Blood Dragon in the adventure.
Karanthir

Sounds like a great idea to me. An opportunity for the PCs to become cowboys!
Knight of the Lady

Karanthir wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:27 am Sounds like a great idea to me. An opportunity for the PCs to become cowboys!
Indeed. The cowboy angle is not represented enough in Warhammer material. :)
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Some really good suggestions there.
Knight of the Lady

Chuck wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:36 am Some really good suggestions there.
Thanks. :)
CommanderCax

skerrigan wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:01 am
To wit, I introduced the Journal of Daghbert the Maw. Amongst the mad rambling there is mention of Karl as a foundling, replacing the true-born son of the Stromfel's cultist, in much the same way of the changelings of folk lore, or the foundlings in Highlander the Series. There's also mention of a bright flash, lights in the sky and so forth.

All of which could play into the view that Karl is actually Sigmar Reborn.

Or he could be like Egg in Dying of the Light, the excellent Hogshead 1e module that is remarkably similar in some ways to the Thousand Thrones. If I ever get the time this would be a great prequel module to run that ties into TTT. Both Karl and Egg might be these moon-children.

Or maybe Sigmar did decide to come back to life as a mutant this time. You know the same way Jesus liked to hang around with those considered the fringe of society (lepers, tax collectors and bank managers).
Dear Skerrigan,

unfortunately the links to the two extra Handouts for the Thousand Thrones campaign are dead. Could I somehow get hold of them in another way?

Thanks in advance & kind regards