NergalCon

For general discussions about WFRP
tydirium

Anyways, I would hope to see which VTTs everyone is going to use.
I was planning on Foundry, but may have to switch to Maptool or Roll20.
~For the Empire!
Zisse

I am regularly playing on fantasy grounds and monitoring their forum. My layman's understanding from there is that a publisher cannot prevent someone from creating a ruleset in a VTT. E.g. there's a WFRP2 ruleset for fantasy grounds. The protected intellectual property is just the descriptions, story and art. Therefore there are no premade adventures available.

Making a ruleset for WFRP4 in fantasy grounds or roll20 is quite some effort. I guess the main cost is for that integration. In FG D&D is very much automated, which obviously required more coding. Roll20 probably has less automation, but I am no expert on this.

I understood that the existing FG platform is not ideal for the WFRP 4 combat rules based on opposed rolls and advantage etc. That probably is the reason why they are working with roll20 for now. I assume you need to handle a lot manually.
On the other hand, a good automation of the WFRP 4 rules in FG might remove some of the complaints about the rules being a bit complicated. I guess tracking advantage and all the other stuff might be really complicated to implement, though.

Just my 2 cents...
Zisse
Zisse

tydirium wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:46 am
Anyways, I would hope to see which VTTs everyone is going to use.
I was planning on Foundry, but may have to switch to Maptool or Roll20.
As I just wrote, I am on fantasy grounds. But because of the missing ruleset we are playing D&D with the available adventures.

We do experiment with Ubersreik adventures, but also use the D&D ruleset. I would love to have a WFRP4 ruleset and all adventures ready.
FasterThanJesus

I see a little of GW's spirt has rubbed off on Cubicle 7 as they acquire more of their licenses.
Rangdo

I'm happy to run something for the con. I'd probably want to do it "theatre of the mind"-style over video chat.
tadcan

Hey, I've been experimenting with a discord setup, please come and test it out.
https://discord.gg/3KE5fQ
tadcan

carnel wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:24 pm
While the games I was working on for the con relied on some physical mechanics I'd be happy to re-run my Kingdom playsets from previous years (plus maybe a few new ones that didn't get used last time) as well as offering a new game...

O'Shane's Half-Dozen

Recently released for a crime they most certainly committed O'Shane has to clear an underworld debt by pulling off a daring heist. Choose a location, case your job, put together your crew and get rich or die trying.

System: facilitated freeform
Players: 6 (obvie!)
I've put your blurb into the new Discord in the one-shot thread, you can you make a new post so you can make changes to the text. https://discord.gg/3KE5fQ

@Rangdo can you put your idea for a one-shot there as well.

@Hyarion there is a bot in DIcord to roll dice, I could setup a text channel for you to run the game in instead of irc, if you like.
Rangdo

"Invite invalid" :shrug: