4ed Conversions

A small but vicious board
Rat Catcher

Has anyone got any tips for converting 4ed adventures to 1ed? I'm considering running TEW 4ed in 1ed.

Also, could someone point me in the right direction for the latest 1ed errata compilation, please?

Thanks all.
Gideon

Rat Catcher wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:07 am Has anyone got any tips for converting 4ed adventures to 1ed? I'm considering running TEW 4ed in 1ed.
Thanks all.
Why not use the stats from the original releases? The new Enemy in Shadows and probably Death on the Reik are not much different from the old.
Rat Catcher

I hadn't thought of that. Sometimes the easiest fixes are the best. Just use the new edition with old stats.

Is there an unofficial errata that's been compiled for the 1st ed core rules?
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Using the 4th edition campaign with the 1st edition stats will work for TEW, SOB, probably DotR, PbtT perhaps, but after that the campaign is taking a different path and even if some of the NPCs are the same in name they might be different in character and ability. That said, between the early TEWC modules and the 4th edition versions of other 1st edition adventures there may be enough of a discernable pattern. Otherwise i would use the 1st edition's (player) character creation and advancement schemes, if possible in combination with 1st edition standard NPCs, which can be found in 1st edition TEWC modules.
Gideon

Rat Catcher wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 4:08 am Is there an unofficial errata that's been compiled for the 1st ed core rules?
I'm not aware of any. There were official errata, but they only applied to the original GW hardback, and were incorporated into the GW softback and Hogshead editions, I think. Dare I say it, but the updated first edition rulebooks were pretty error free.
Dreadaxe

http://oldworldpodcast.com/index.php/downloads/ -> WFRP Characteristic Converter (Excel)
Rat Catcher

Thanks all for the info. I've decided to use 1st ed stats and eyeball anything that looks iffy.