Income & Social Status - Silver/Gold Divide.

Cubicle 7 // 2018
SigmariteOrWrong

Sat Jan 04, 2020 4:04 pm

I'm playing a Cavalryman PC in our game, eventually I'll move from Status Silver 4 to Gold 1 when I make Sergeant.
This will stabilise my income at 20s per income endeavour, where previously it was 4-40s (Avg 22s).

Given required expenditure to maintain social class, Silver 4 Status nets 1-10 days worth of living costs for a weeks work (At the table we assume living costs are covered for any endeavour undertaken, and an excess is generated), and Gold 1 Status nets you 1 day of living costs. Has anyone devised house rules covering this income/status/living costs?

I think we will be looking at simply making one Income Endeavour generate 1D10 days of living expenses.
Orin J.

Mon Jan 06, 2020 11:24 am

the living costs are for maintaining the standard of living, which makes a certain level of sense for gold tier- it's very hard to live the life of a landed noble when you're travelling away from your taxed population. that said, i pretty much immediately discarded the status as a concrete stat. it interfered with developing characters as the GM and didn't contribute much to the player's side of things enough to compensate.