Enemy In Shadows Companion Available

Cubicle 7 // 2018
Karanthir

Tue Dec 03, 2019 4:01 am

As far as I can tell, none of the official WFRP or WFB publications (not counting Boxtree or Black Library) have ever listed a date of death for Karl-Franz's father. In fact, almost all the timelines skip directly from the accession of Wilhelm III to the accession of Karl-Franz. But C7 have explicitly addressed the issue.

The timeline in the WFRP4 rulebook says: "2502 IC Emperor Luitpold III dies in his sleep. In a close vote, Luitpold’s son is elected to replace him, and is crowned Emperor Karl- Franz I in the High Temple of Sigmar in Altdorf." (page 275)

So there's no need to suppose an interregnum, or another emperor (whether of the same house or not) in between Luitpold and Karl-Franz. Unless you prefer the Boxtree chronology to be canon. Personally I always treated the dates in the novels as inaccurate.
macd21

Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am

FasterThanJesus wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:23 am
macd21 wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:29 am
The pregens will be coming as a separate download, apparently.
Thanks for the info!

Where did you find out? Also, do you know what the timeframe is?
Someone asked on the Facebook group, and someone from C7 said it was coming as a download. No timeframe though.
FasterThanJesus

Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:46 am

macd21 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:24 am
Someone asked on the Facebook group, and someone from C7 said it was coming as a download. No timeframe though.
Right, thanks for the update. I'll carry on with the conversions as it's an interesting exercise, anyway.

I noticed that there was a more complete introduction to Padraig @Cubicle7 yesterday. He claims the next thing out is the GM screen. Hopefully we see that this side of Christmas but I somehow doubt it.
Capitaneus Fractus

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 am

Karanthir wrote:
As far as I can tell, none of the official WFRP or WFB publications (not counting Boxtree or Black Library) have ever listed a date of death for Karl-Franz's father.
Boxtree, which is an official publisher, but a novel one, not a roleplay nor battle one, did, p. vij of its Warhammer novels and anthologies:
2491 The Chaos Champion Cicatrice monts a raid on the summer home of the von Meckenberg family, in the Southlands. While Johann and Vukotich escape the slaughter, Wolf is captured (cf Ignorant Armies)
- Emperor Luitpold dies, and is succeded by his son Karl-Franz. Birth of Prince Luitpold.

However Karl Franz was stated being elected emperor in 2502 I.C. in latter role playing game publications.

One possible solution was that Luitpold indeed died in 2491 I.C., Karl-Franz then did succeed as prince of Altdorf and Grand Prince of Reikland but had to wait eleven years before being formally elected emperor, in 2502 I.C.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
totsuzenheni

Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:11 am

Capitaneus Fractus wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 am
Karanthir wrote:
As far as I can tell, none of the official WFRP or WFB publications (not counting Boxtree or Black Library) have ever listed a date of death for Karl-Franz's father.
Boxtree, which is an official publisher, but a novel one, not a roleplay nor battle one, did, p. vij of its Warhammer novels and anthologies:
2491 The Chaos Champion Cicatrice monts a raid on the summer home of the von Meckenberg family, in the Southlands. While Johann and Vukotich escape the slaughter, Wolf is captured (cf Ignorant Armies)
- Emperor Luitpold dies, and is succeded by his son Karl-Franz. Birth of Prince Luitpold.

However Karl Franz was stated being elected emperor in 2502 I.C. in latter role playing game publications.

One possible solution was that Luitpold indeed died in 2491 I.C., Karl-Franz then did succeed as prince of Altdorf and Grand Prince of Reikland but had to wait eleven years before being formally elected emperor, in 2502 I.C.
I'm not sure, looking at the Boxtree quote as you've written it @Karanthir, that Boxtree give a date for Luitpold dying and Karl Franz's succession, but that Boxtree were placing those events at some time between 2491 and whatever the next date is that they stated.
Theo

Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:23 pm

IIRC the story with Cicatrice and the Mecklenbergs, "Ignorant Armies" (by Kim Newman alias Jack Yeovil), is really old. And lots of stuff in Newman's stories (much of Drachenfels, indeed) is incompatible with later Warhammer canon.