New 4e Crits from Josef Tham

The enemy lurks in shadows
Josef

Here's part of one of the Flame & Energy results so far; I'm about 3/4 done so you'll probably see the whole chart within a couple of days.

"... The damage to your dignity is immeasurably greater as your pants now consist only of the lower part of the leggings. Performing various bodily functions, as well as procreating, will be difficult and uncomfortable for a while due to heavy blistering both front and back."
Josef

Here it is, the 4E Flame & Energy chart, along with a slightly modified Preface and Clarifications document, updated to fit the expanded chart collection.
Attachments
Criticals WFRP 4ed Preface Clarifications and Mook Rules - kopia rev5.docx
(34.06 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Criticals WFRP 4ed Flame & Energy.docx
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 77 times
Silke

Great work again, Josef :)
Josef

I might add that the Unarmed chart I promised myself I wouldn't do will appear eventually, along with the some minor modifications to the Preface and Clarifications document. No 4E version of the old 2E Large Monster chart though...
Josef

So here it is, the Unarmed chart! Plus of course a revised Preface and Clarifications document, where I have not only included the Unarmed chart among the ones listed but also added a few thoughts on what kind of injury the various charts represent...
Attachments
Criticals WFRP 4ed Unarmed.docx
(36.71 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
Criticals WFRP 4ed Preface Clarifications and Mook Rules - kopia rev6.docx
(34.82 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
Scum

Wow hell yeah
Silke

Josef you should help c7 develop WFRP
Josef

Silke wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:49 pm Josef you should help c7 develop WFRP
Heh... I could tell you a little story of my (involuntary) involvement in games production. There was this tabletop WWII miniatures game, with the forums getting pretty rowdy over whether or not squads and small teams (meaning crew-served weapons, snipers, observers etc) should benefit from cover when placed inside buildings and being targeted with high explosives like mortar or howitzer shells. The RAW weren't very clear and a lot of people argued that a shell didn't care whether it shared a room with a full squad or an individual, as they would still be out of action. Me, I didn't bother arguing over the effects of high explosives in an enclosed space, instead arguing that a "miss" in the game didn't necessarily represent having zeroed in on the target and then missing the shot, but rather could be not having spotted the target at all, not having been able to determine its exact location (like the right building/floor/window), or indeed any chain of events leading up to a shell not landing on the target, including not having taken the shot at all. And that was my take on why a small team was harder to spot/hit than a full squad and why both should benefit from cover in buildings even against HE. The games company eventually produced their FAQ on the subject and lo and behold, not only did they go with my interpretation, they even used my exact wording from the forum. I never did receive any credit but it was kinda fun anyway and I didn't really mind.
Josef

Christmas may come early this year! Another member of this forum, with skills in design and layout that I myself lack, messaged me and announced his desire to use his skills on my charts! The intent is to create a PDF looking more like the layout in the Rule Book, meaning way nicer looking than my raw text. I was stoked, of course, and we were totally in agreement that the result ought to be made available for the community, right here on WoC's Downloads page. I've emailed him all the texts and have been told it'll be a few weeks, but chances are it may be ready and up before Christmas.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Wow that is fantastic! I can’t wait to see the final result.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

I put up a post on Reddit to alert people who may not have seen it: https://www.reddit.com/r/warhammerfanta ... osef_tham/

I made it a while back but put the post in the wrong thread, in the wrong forum. Who is running this place anyway!