The Thousand Thrones (again)

The thousand threads
DarkLadyLumiya

So I recently decided to run the Thousand Thrones campaign, and in the search for additional rules and story bits (originally I searched for the extra story bits the book mentioned on blackindustries.com - how foolish of me), I stumbled across both the unofficial expansions and the thread from last year here. I despair at the fact that the final three expansions were never released, as they seemed to be quite promising. I've heard tell that there is some collection of the notes that were prepared for the final expansions before work was halted. I'm curious to both see these notes and to hear tell of the process of working on these expansions and what resulted in their halting. Additionally, any further insight that could be granted into the writing of The Thousand Thrones would, if nothing else, make for an interesting read.

Finally, I wonder at what other changes people have made to the campaign to make it flow better. Skerrigan, I know you have worked on some changes in your campaign, and I would love to have a collection of all your additions (you did suggest making a TTT companion book, after all!). I could also use some advice on how to improve the final chapter, which appears to be universally agreed to be terrible.
Herr Arnulfe

Glad to hear people are still enjoying TTT. I wrote Ch 7 (Death Do Us Part) and a sizeable portion of the Expansion 1-2 material. I was also Lead Editor of the TTT expansions. The expansion project collapsed under its own weight unfortunately. We finished nearly half of the TTT Ex 3-4 material to draft 1, but the project's complexity turned the writing team into a revolving door of contributors, and I couldn't muster the wherewithal to pick up all the pieces. At the time, Defenders of the Forest was in its early stages, and I would've had to choose one project or the other.

If you PM me your email address, I can send you the unfinished material for TTT Ex 3-4, along with a 99% finished prologue scenario called Maiden Voyage of the Gilded Drake. Eventually, the prologue scenario will be uploaded to Liber Fanatica (of which I'm the webmaster). The LF site relaunch is a project that I've been putting off for years, because I know it will involve more than just copying files over to a new template. It will require deep-diving back into the fan material world for an extended period of time (which I haven't had the appetite for in the last 5-6 years).
Danke Dave

The additional material for TTT really added to my own games, complete or not. Thanks for taking the time and stress to write these valuable resources.
Herr Arnulfe

Danke Dave wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:53 pm The additional material for TTT really added to my own games, complete or not. Thanks for taking the time and stress to write these valuable resources.
I'm very glad they were helpful. We've had almost 200 requests for unfinished TTT Ex 3-4 material, which helps to soften the remorse of having given up on the project. If each of those GMs ran a game for 4 players, that's roughly a thousand people who've benefitted from our unpublished scribblings.
Danke Dave

Herr Arnulfe wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:28 am I'm very glad they were helpful. We've had almost 200 requests for unfinished TTT Ex 3-4 material, which helps to soften the remorse of having given up on the project. If each of those GMs ran a game for 4 players, that's roughly a thousand people who've benefitted from our unpublished scribblings.
They were a great find when I asked for them many years ago, expansion 2 has been a great addition to not only my TTT games, but WFRP games overall. For TTT, expansion 2 really helped me flesh out the Strigany faction as well as the Cult of Nagash subplot. I don't think my players would have been as invested as they were without the not so little splashes it adds. The Vampire's tower/Smoot was another easy sell.
CommanderCax

DarkLadyLumiya wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:32 pm Finally, I wonder at what other changes people have made to the campaign to make it flow better. Skerrigan, I know you have worked on some changes in your campaign, and I would love to have a collection of all your additions (you did suggest making a TTT companion book, after all!). I could also use some advice on how to improve the final chapter, which appears to be universally agreed to be terrible.
Well, I am one of the 200 people that got and really appreciated the extra stuff from Herrn Arnulfe.

We are currently almost at the end of chapter 2 and the group has a blast. Many people in the internet, even the author himself, said skip the chapter. Maybe we are weird, but we play Warhammer since the late eighties (and 8 years DH in between), and we really like it. More than many of the overhyped adventures...

What we changed (besides 2nd ed. --> 4th ed.):

Even before Chapter 1 the PCs heard rumours about Strigany clans being on the move (first north, later east).

Chapter 1: Used all Adventure Hooks for our 5 PCs, at times overlapping, at times not. Built on these NPCs a little more from the drafts of Herr Arnulfe. I also used a further orphan and a dubious pharmacist to a degree form theses drafts.

Between Chapter 1 and 2: On the way from Marienburg I included an encounter (and fight) with Strigany Murder Cultists (from the drafts for Marienburg) at the border to the Empire and A Rough Night at Three Feathers. The PCs also travelled a day with peaceful Strigany they met months earlier (from If looks could kill) and will again meet in Chapter 3.

Chapter 2: Before encountering the Blauesblut the PCs encountered at night a certain dead and gnawed Bretonian vampire hunter they had met a few days erlier in a tavern hanging from a tree and three strigoi vampires. I used that encounter to introduce the PCs to the lingering threat of strigoi vampire in the vicinity of Pfeifeldorf and to show, that these strigoi seem to have (differing) agendas. Expansion 2 page 13 and 14 helps a lot for the adventure and I intend to use what is mentioned there and partially what is in drafts from Herr Arnulfe (but to a rather small degree).
arytiss

Herr Arnulfe wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:29 am Glad to hear people are still enjoying TTT. I wrote Ch 7 (Death Do Us Part) and a sizeable portion of the Expansion 1-2 material. I was also Lead Editor of the TTT expansions. The expansion project collapsed under its own weight unfortunately. We finished nearly half of the TTT Ex 3-4 material to draft 1, but the project's complexity turned the writing team into a revolving door of contributors, and I couldn't muster the wherewithal to pick up all the pieces. At the time, Defenders of the Forest was in its early stages, and I would've had to choose one project or the other.

If you PM me your email address, I can send you the unfinished material for TTT Ex 3-4, along with a 99% finished prologue scenario called Maiden Voyage of the Gilded Drake. Eventually, the prologue scenario will be uploaded to Liber Fanatica (of which I'm the webmaster). The LF site relaunch is a project that I've been putting off for years, because I know it will involve more than just copying files over to a new template. It will require deep-diving back into the fan material world for an extended period of time (which I haven't had the appetite for in the last 5-6 years).
Hi !!!
Congratulations for all the work done!
I'm at the beginning of chapter VII and I have loved all the TTT expansions, can't wait to read what you have prepared
@Herr Arnulfe I'm quite new in the forum and I can't send Private Messages yet, can you send me a private message so i can tell you my email??
I'm mastering the TTT campaign right now so i really really need it.
Thanks a lot
Herr Arnulfe

arytiss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:16 pm@Herr Arnulfe I'm quite new in the forum and I can't send Private Messages yet, can you send me a private message so i can tell you my email??
No problem, I sent you a PM (check top right).
arytiss

Herr Arnulfe wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:00 pm
arytiss wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:16 pm@Herr Arnulfe I'm quite new in the forum and I can't send Private Messages yet, can you send me a private message so i can tell you my email??
No problem, I sent you a PM (check top right).
I got your message but the board still won't allow me to reply :roll:
Can you send the material directly to this mail? thethousandexpansion@gmail.com (I created it specifically for this)
Very very thanks
shaunclinton

@Herr Arnulfe - you very kindly shared the prologue with my previously which I ran in 3rd edition. I'm now playing through a 4th edition version of The Thousand Thrones and have made extensive use of the first two expansions... Hunger Wood, Smoot and Lord de Trois tower were all highlights of the campaign so far. I'd appreciate it if you could share the later unfinished notes with me as the players have really enjoyed all of the extra lore and I'd be keen to weave it in if possible.
Herr Arnulfe

shaunclinton wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:40 pm@Herr Arnulfe - you very kindly shared the prologue with my previously which I ran in 3rd edition. I'm now playing through a 4th edition version of The Thousand Thrones and have made extensive use of the first two expansions... Hunger Wood, Smoot and Lord de Trois tower were all highlights of the campaign so far. I'd appreciate it if you could share the later unfinished notes with me as the players have really enjoyed all of the extra lore and I'd be keen to weave it in if possible.
Sure, no problem, just PM me your email. Unfortunately most of the unfinished material is for the earlier chapters which you've already played. Glad you've made good use of the expansions thus far though.
falsk

Hi, sorry for posting here so late, but Herr Arnulfe, I have an important question: What happened to the liber fanatica website? It seems to be inactive, such a shame! Is there any way to access the expansions other than the website?
Herr Arnulfe

falsk wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 4:25 amHi, sorry for posting here so late, but Herr Arnulfe, I have an important question: What happened to the liber fanatica website? It seems to be inactive, such a shame! Is there any way to access the expansions other than the website?
The LF site is only down temporarily because the host's payment info had lapsed without me noticing. It should be up again by tomorrow. There is a site redesign in the works (moving it to Wordpress) however I just haven't the patience for website stuff that I used to, so every little glitch or setback creates another 2-month delay.

There's a fair bit of LF material either 99% completed or in the works:

- Wurtbad sourcebook (just needs layout and cover art)
- Thousand Thrones prologue scenario (just needs map & graphic labelling)
- Quenelles sourcebook and adventures (needs final edit pass and layout)
silentmark

Hi @Herr Arnulfe

i'm resurrecting this old post to ask for similar thing - it would be awesome if you could share the drafts of TTT Extensions that you were working on, especially if there are little chances to have them finished.
Herr Arnulfe

silentmark wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:16 pm Hi @Herr Arnulfe

i'm resurrecting this old post to ask for similar thing - it would be awesome if you could share the drafts of TTT Extensions that you were working on, especially if there are little chances to have them finished.
Sure, no problem, I'm happy to send people the TTT Ex 3-4 draft material. Just PM me your email address.
silentmark

Herr Arnulfe wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:25 pm
silentmark wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:16 pm Hi @Herr Arnulfe

Sure, no problem, I'm happy to send people the TTT Ex 3-4 draft material. Just PM me your email address.
I would gladly do that, but seems that i don't know how (or maybe i'm not long enough on this forum, to have the rights to send PM). I think my email is visable over internet long enough to post it here, if you don't mind (i will later edit this message).