Middenheim: City of the White Wolf

The enemy lurks in shadows
sx dwarf

Middenheim: City of the White Wolf is coming.... Target release: Q4 2020. Cubicle 7 just released the first piece of art from it.

https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-folk ... the-north/
Knight of the Lady

Good stuff!

Looking forward to some Ulrican adventuring. I recall having some good fun with the two heroes Baldrick and Haugh, worshippers of Ulric per excellence! :D
Zisse

How many months after death on the reik would this be released? Extrapolating, could christmas 2021 give us empire in ruins?

Not that I would rely on the target dates given by C7...
Theo

Zisse wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:07 am How many months after death on the reik would this be released? Extrapolating, could christmas 2021 give us empire in ruins?

Not that I would rely on the target dates given by C7...
We haven't had any release date on Power Behind the Throne itself, have we? It was some 9 months between Enemy in Shadows and Death on the Reik, and we'll see if they manage to up the tempo - otherwise, sometime in spring 2021 would seem a likely time for PBtT. The Horned Rat might be around for Christmas 2021, if the current tempo holds.
Zisse

Isn't Middenheim: City of the White Wolf the same as the PbtT companion? I thought so. Then I thought the companion came after the adventure. So I thought PbtT would come Q4. Probably I thought way to much.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

I think it would be called the Power Behind The Throne Companion if it were.
Zisse

So C7 plans a companion per part of TEW, altogether 5 companions.
In Addition they plan a source book for Middenheim and Altdorf, each.
Correct?
Hobnail

This is correct, as well as a bestiary and some Empire Compendiums
skerrigan

And a magic book, and some other stuff, including possibly Gav Thorpe writing some kinda non-Empirey seafaring Elf/Marienburg/Ulthuan/epic voyage.

Some day.
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
Capitaneus Fractus

Zisse wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:47 am So C7 plans a companion per part of TEW, altogether 5 companions.
In Addition they plan a source book for Middenheim and Altdorf, each.
Correct?
That's correct: there will be Middenheim: City of the White Wolf to complete the Power Behind the Throne Companion (which focus on Middenland, not Middenheim) and Power Behind the Throne main adventure.

And there will be Altdorf: City of Sigmar to complete latter volumes, in addition to their companions, as a part of the latter adventure will happen in Altdorf.
Confer viewtopic.php?p=1455#p1455 sequunturque.

See also: https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... -part-one/
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
FasterThanJesus

skerrigan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:14 am And a magic book, and some other stuff, including possibly Gav Thorpe writing some kinda non-Empirey seafaring Elf/Marienburg/Ulthuan/epic voyage.

Some day.
Maybe.
sx dwarf

Theo wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:33 am
We haven't had any release date on Power Behind the Throne itself, have we? It was some 9 months between Enemy in Shadows and Death on the Reik, and we'll see if they manage to up the tempo - otherwise, sometime in spring 2021 would seem a likely time for PBtT. The Horned Rat might be around for Christmas 2021, if the current tempo holds.
"Yes, we are doing our best to release PBTT in PDF this year."
-Cubicle 7 comment on FB
Hyarion

skerrigan wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:14 am And a magic book, and some other stuff, including possibly Gav Thorpe writing some kinda non-Empirey seafaring Elf/Marienburg/Ulthuan/epic voyage.

Some day.

I believe it's scheduled for sometime just before the next Mayan calendar rollover (so it will come out sometime after that).
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

The PDF is available. I'd be interested to read what people think of it and how it compares to the first edition version.
dry_erase

I've flicked through it and it looks excellent so far. It contains everything from the first edition version and aspects of the 2nd edition Ashes of Middenheim background (adjusted for a 2512 date) and lots more new locations, NPCs and adventure hooks.

I need to read it properly now.
FasterThanJesus

Downloading and printing now - wish I realised a few hours earlier. Archives of the Empire is also available for preorder but the PDF is not available until next month. Some good activity recently.
ExReey

Book looks great, but the Middenheim map? Hmm one of the worst WFRP maps ever, imo.
Zisse

ExReey wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 am Book looks great, but the Middenheim map? Hmm one of the worst WFRP maps ever, imo.
Can you tell why you do not like it? Is it the colour design, missing information? Something else?
ExReey

Zisse wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:39 am
ExReey wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:31 am Book looks great, but the Middenheim map? Hmm one of the worst WFRP maps ever, imo.
Can you tell why you do not like it? Is it the colour design, missing information? Something else?
The graphical design, it has a bit of a cartoony look imo.
The relative sizes don't look right: Ulricsmund is like 6 or 7 steps high. If you decide to draw detailed single houses and stairs, they should be right.
The City doesn't look as "grand" as in the original City of the White Wolf map; if you compare them side by side, the old one looks like a grand metropole, the new one like a midsize town. The old map has so much more buidings and stuff on it.

It's not a "bad" map, but it's definitely a disappointment to me. WFRP always had great maps, and I consider the recent Reikland map as THE best fantasy RPG map ever drawn.
RubbleRunner

Didn't Andy Law supervise the Reikland map...