Selling cargo - SPOILERS (very minor)

The enemy lurks in shadows
Marty_Jopson

Hi Folks.

I am just starting running through Death on the Reik. My players have - um - acquired a barge full of wool and want to sell the contents before we undertake our "between adventures" phase. I am not sure if they will be interested in picking up more cargo and doing the whole trading thing, but does anyone have any quick and dirty rules I can use to get around this. The obvious solution is to wait for the Companion, but the game is Monday evening. Even just an idea of the likely 4th edition scaled profit they would make would be good.

Cheers
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Cubicle 7 have made a PDF of Hogshead's reprint/revision of Death on the Reik for first edition (including 'RIver Life of the Empire') available on DrivethruRPG, if you can't wait for the Companion to be released. 'RIver Life of the Empire' contains: RIver Navigation, Boat Critical Hits, Encounters, Hazard Encounters, Accidents, Locks, NPC Encounters, Trading Rules, River Folk of the Empire, and Boat Plans. Whether or not some work needs to be done with those first edition Trading Rules to make them usable for fourth edition i don't know.
FasterThanJesus

If you follow up on that suggestion, you may also find this a useful resource: https://awesomeliesblog.wordpress.com/2 ... -not-gold/

Gideon has some good conversion rates between the various editions of WFRP.
Marty_Jopson

Thanks chaps.

But oh my - that is a lot of rules! The party were distracted by a certain red barn last night and are still messing about in Weissbruck. The consensus appears to be they sell the wool, cash in and ignore trading. Which makes my life simple. Especially as I noticed on rereading before my game that there is guidance in DotR for doing this (right at the top of the Altdorf section).