Enemy In Shadows Companion Available

The enemy lurks in shadows
FasterThanJesus

According to the twitter feed, the pregen characters should be available for download but I cannot find anything on the site, or using the drivethrurpg app.

However a Companion errata is also now available. It didn't contain corrections of the issues that I raised :(

Edit: they appear to be at the back of the errata. I must have fat fingered opening the file.

Edit 2: Same characters as TOEW
Last edited by FasterThanJesus on Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

As always i appreciate you taking on the unofficial role of Cubicle 7's WFRP newsletter @FasterThanJesus .
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

I took a look at the Enemy In Shadows Companion update on DriveThruRPG and there are two versions updated on 20201024 that i can see. The first is simply entitled "WFRP_Fourth_Edition_Ene...n_Shadows_Companion.pdf" and as far as i can tell, taking a very brief look at it, there are perhaps only minor differences with the version released on 20191128, amounting to 326KB more data. The second is entitled "WFRP_-_Enemy_in_Shadows...anion_-_errata1.1-2.pdf" and this version (whilst 2/3 the size in terms of KB) has an extra 10 pages, including 12 pages given over to the six pregenerated characters, and it has clearly been edited (as the material has been shifted around).
FasterThanJesus

Something was up with the copy I downloaded on my main PC. I possibly overwrote the original file or something was up on there end. Probably my fault though.

They have fixed the issues that I flagged, so at least there is some use to the feedback system. However, some tables are messed with the cell alignments. I have some sympathy here, as a fair chunk of my job is writing software that publishes documents to PDF formats and tables are a can of worms.

I was expecting new characters, maybe incorrectly, as I thought I read they'd be new. Not complaining too much as it was a nice group. Effectively making Wanda a Celestial Wizard does fix the issue that wizard's apprentices no longer get a lore skill.

Malmir has taken a hit on his fellowship (along with some other stats) but gained 10 BS. It seems a bit odd that, to the extent I wonder if it is intentional.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

The page numbering is a bit of mess, in the contents at least. I've let them know.
Last edited by Totsuzenheni Yukimi on Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
FasterThanJesus

Where do you give feedback to? The only places I see are through Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to open a Twitter account and I'd rather avoid Facebook as much as possible.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:11 pm Where do you give feedback to? The only places I see are through Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to open a Twitter account and I'd rather avoid Facebook as much as possible.
I emailed them. I've not had a response yet, but they usually get back to me at some point. I also asked them if they had a google doc or some such as they have done previously.
FasterThanJesus

totsuzenheni wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 am
FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:11 pm Where do you give feedback to? The only places I see are through Twitter and Facebook. I don't want to open a Twitter account and I'd rather avoid Facebook as much as possible.
I emailed them. I've not had a response yet, but they usually get back to me at some point. I also asked them if they had a google doc or some such as they have done previously.
Thanks. There's also a loose/lose typo in one of the characters secrets.
Karanthir

"Sadly" they fixed the issue I raised, but I'm keeping the old version for posterity. There's something humorously Warhammery about high priests being based in the wrong cities!
Karanthir wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:25 am I'm just skimming through, but I already noticed that the list of electors (page 15-16) says the High Priest of Nuln is based in Talabheim and the High Priest of Talabheim is based in Nuln! I kind of want this to be an in-universe administrative error. Unfortunately I assume it's a typo.