Major shake-up at Cubicle 7

The enemy lurks in shadows
satakuua

I was tremendously delighted to hear Enemy Within was in the works. But all this feels like a gutshot.
macd21

totsuzenheni wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:26 am If we don't get TEWC this time around either then i will put forward a motion that we encourage Graeme et al to see if GW will let them crowdfund a TEWC directors bumper edition.
I get the impression the whole thing is pretty much finished. I believe the plan is to roll them out at a rate of 1 volume per month, so if the first is due Sept/Oct, the last installment must be 95%+ ready.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

We shall see.
macd21

FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 am
macd21 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm Actually apparently there was a tweet a few weeks ago in which they said they expected to have the pdf out sometime in September, and were just working on some extra maps to add to it. So 🤞
I've just seen the latest dev diary (wow, we have two now!) which confirms that. No other interesting information, just some art excerpts.

I never got an email notifying me that another dev diary was published, I just spotted it on drive thru RPG.
I don’t have the dev diary, but someone said that it suggested TEW would be out next month, rather than September?
Hteph

macd21 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:38 am
I don’t have the dev diary, but someone said that it suggested TEW would be out next month, rather than September?
Not to be too pessimistic, and dependent on how their pipeline works, if it not here now (or before the week is out), I don't expect to see it on this side of Yule.
macd21

Hteph wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 6:46 am
Not to be too pessimistic, and dependent on how their pipeline works, if it not here now (or before the week is out), I don't expect to see it on this side of Yule.
Based on what they’ve said, I’d expect the preorder by the end of October at the latest, with PDFs being available at the same time. Might be waiting quite a bit longer for the physical copies though.
FasterThanJesus

FasterThanJesus wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 am
macd21 wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm Actually apparently there was a tweet a few weeks ago in which they said they expected to have the pdf out sometime in September, and were just working on some extra maps to add to it. So 🤞
I've just seen the latest dev diary (wow, we have two now!) which confirms that. No other interesting information, just some art excerpts.

I never got an email notifying me that another dev diary was published, I just spotted it on drive thru RPG.
The dev diary states that the PDF will be available sometime in the next month. Not sure if that means a month from date of publish of the diary or, more likely, next calander month.
Hyarion

At this rate, I'm just hoping we get *something*. Honestly, I doubt we'll see anything beyond TEW re-release before the license expires.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Orin J.

they JUST handed the 40k rights to C7, and they have the age of spendmor stuff coming, so i don't doubt games workshop will extent the lisance for WFRP. that said at the rate things are going they might very well take so long getting TEW out the doors that they manage to screw up both of those lines and GW takes their ball and goes home before we get anything else.
sx dwarf

Hyarion wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am I doubt we'll see anything beyond TEW re-release before the license expires.
When did the licence for WFRP expire and where did you get that?
FasterThanJesus

sx dwarf wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:54 pm
Hyarion wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:48 am I doubt we'll see anything beyond TEW re-release before the license expires.
When did the licence for WFRP expire and where did you get that?
I think it's a little cynicism. Not wholly unjustified TBF.

Cubicle 7 appear to be taking forever and have at least some internal issues while the license will expire sometime before the end of existence as we know it...
macd21

So latest update is aiming to have the pdf ‘within the next month.’
skerrigan

Is that from the developer diaries or have the said this somewhere else as well? Personally I've no idea why they don't have a section of their website where they don't say something like:-

"Enemy In Shadows volume 1, expected release date October 2019".

The emphasis on Expected, as of course life does get in the way.
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
FasterThanJesus

skerrigan wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:01 am Is that from the developer diaries or have the said this somewhere else as well? Personally I've no idea why they don't have a section of their website where they don't say something like:-

"Enemy In Shadows volume 1, expected release date October 2019".

The emphasis on Expected, as of course life does get in the way.
It was in their update email but it's a verbatim copy (probably literal copy+paste) from the developer diary.

Agree completely about the poor information on their website.
macd21

So, bit of an unofficial update: over on discord, TSLuikhart let slip that he is looking at the SoB pdf that is just waiting on a couple of maps to be approved, but is pretty much ready to go. He also mentioned that there’s two Bogenhafen maps, one for players, one for the GM.
macd21

Apparently the pdf should be out before Halloween
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

There were two different maps of Bogenhafen in at least one of the earlier editions of SOB.
satakuua

I now have the pdf of the Enemy in Shadows. DriveThruRPG informed me of it a few hours ago.
FasterThanJesus

satakuua wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 am I now have the pdf of the Enemy in Shadows. DriveThruRPG informed me of it a few hours ago.
Are you sure it's not just the dev diary? I got an email with the latest diary linked a few hours back, but that's it. I'm not as much doubting you as Cubicle7 though.
Last edited by FasterThanJesus on Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
satakuua

Pretty sure as I am reading it right now.