Post-TEW plans

The enemy lurks in shadows
Iltherion

I heard some interesting tidbits at Gencon about what C7 had planned for after The Enemy Within is done.

After taking the PCs all over the Empire for TEW, the next big campaign will take them to Marienburg, then to Albion, and then to the New World.
FasterThanJesus

Skerrigan mentioned something on those lines a while back, but didn't mention where he found out. Is this the one written by Gav Thorpe?
Iltherion

No, Andy Law mentioned it during one of the Cubicle 7 seminars at Gencon last weekend.
Hyarion

Albion and the New World sounds like *GREAT* opportunities for an Elf Sourcebook. TO BOLDLY GO WHERE NO WFRP PUBLISHER HAS GONE BEFORE! *cough*

And now for something completely different...
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Orin J.

OP made it sound like it's meant to follow TEW, which honestly baffles me because that's already a nightmarishly long and railroady campaign. i can't imagine anyone wanting to continue their characters from that point, since you're now all major political figures.
FasterThanJesus

Orin J. wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:19 pm OP made it sound like it's meant to follow TEW, which honestly baffles me because that's already a nightmarishly long and railroady campaign. i can't imagine anyone wanting to continue their characters from that point, since you're now all major political figures.
If I remember rightly, wasn't one of the retirement options at the end of EiF to become an ambassador?

However, I agree with you, I don't think there's much scope for continuing the characters from there. Not another big campaign anyway.
FasterThanJesus

Iltherion wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:05 am No, Andy Law mentioned it during one of the Cubicle 7 seminars at Gencon last weekend.
Skerrigan is a poster on the forums. This is what he mentioned: http://windsofchaos.com/forum/viewtopic ... tria#p1541
Capitaneus Fractus

I tend to disagree : after TEW, Warhammer heroes social status perfectly fit for political, diplomatic or military intrigues...
EIF suggest to have such kind of adventures to follow TEW campaign, by the way and use the example of The Power Behind the Throne as something adapted to warhammer heroes' new social status. It even suggest a Life and Death of Richard the Third adventure for one of them.

Beyond those thematics, more adventurous quests can still be adapted to small lords, by the way, as Pendragon, Paladin and Birthright settings allows. Sögur, matters of Britain, of France and of Rome, and tragedies, are full of plots concerning lords, ladies, kings, queens and heroes...

On warfare campaigns, it can be really, really good experiences, as Le Vol de l'Aigle ("The Flight of the Eagle") does for Napoleonic campaigns: a wargame strongly powered by a roleplaying game engine.
Last edited by Capitaneus Fractus on Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
FasterThanJesus

Well, either way, I'm prepared to see what they do.

After Marienburg Sold Down the River is remade, the rest of the campaign will at least be new stuff. Albion, Lustria, Ulthuan, Slann and Elf supplements. If nothing else, it is at least new territory. Also, a whole lot of new things to argue about and keep the boards hot.
crazy_cat

After TEW plans? Do we have anything concrete yet on when TEW Remastered vol 1 will actually be avaialble?

I'm interested in more WFRP material, but I'm expecting TEW to take a year+ at least to be fully delivered.
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
FasterThanJesus

Allegedly Q3 this year. I've seen some stores claim August, but that's probably placeholder info. I've seen some stores suggesting Q4 for Death on the Reik. 1 quarter per volume does seem reasonable and gives 1 1/4 years for the lot as you say.

However, given Cubicle7's lack of alacrity, who knows?
Orin J.

and of course even THAT requires their income to meet expectations, and C7 wouldn't be the first company to dream big and then find themselves taking a long fall after a stumble....
Jackdays

This sounds interesting. With that type of campaign they can publish new (updated) sourcebook for Marienburg, and beyond that, finally go for something new: Albion and New World -sourcebooks (Lizardmen, Elves, Norse, Dark Elves…)

Sourcebooks about various nations and species would still be good somewhere between all these...
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

kalevalahammer@gmail.com
www.kalevalahammer.com