Perilous Sands, an Araby sourcebook for WFRP (2nd)

Post your scenarios, house rules, supplements, and anything else here
Le Passant

Hi,

I worked for some years on an unofficial sourcebook for Araby, intending to use much of the official sources and none of the unofficial. I finally integrated some things, but tried to avoid anything from other unofficial works for Battle or WFRP and do my own thing, building upon games, many books and novels.

I was finally convinced to try and translate it for a larger part of the fandom, so this is an attempt. You will certainly find horrifying mistakes, but I wish to update and correct it.
It was written in french then (badly) translated, so please try to be comprehensive. :mrgreen:

The file is quite heavy (94 Mo), but I didn't want to lose quality.

https://periloussands.blogspot.com/

I hope it can be useful. :)

edit : slight corrections on 20/10/2020. Somes mistakes, added a proofreader too.
edit : corrections on 30/11/2020. Somes mistakes and misplacements, translated a previously forgotten french paragraph. Added a link in Google drive too.
edit : corrections on 04/12/2020. Somes mistakes.
edit : corrections on 09/02/2021. Corrected some missing translations from french to english.
edit : corrections on 16/07/2021. Corrected some missing translations from french to english. Opened a blog for more things, discussing Perilous Sands and other things.
edit : corrections on 22/10/2021. Corrected some missing translations from french to english. Also changed one or two translations, and added an explicit unofficial mention on the cover, in the style of the WFRP2 covers.
Last edited by Le Passant on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Dreadaxe

đź‘‹
Jackdays

This is great work! The amount of information, and detail, is just amazing. And the document itself looks pretty nice...

It's great to have it finally here. And thank you for doing this.
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

kalevalahammer@gmail.com
www.kalevalahammer.com
Le Passant

Hi !

Dreadaxe and Jack Days, both here, are those who pushed me to persevere, for the french and for english version. Thank you both !

Also, I made references to Kalevala Hammer for the part on cigars and other things. Hope it's not a problem !
Gideon

Am I the only person for whom the download link doesn't work?
Le Passant

I just tested it, it works fine. Which error message do you have ?
Gideon

Le Passant wrote: ↑Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:07 am Which error message do you have ?
None. I just get an image of a red M in a cloud, plus two small icons linking to MEGA's Facebook and Twitter accounts. But no file.
Le Passant

Well, that's strange. Just tested one more time, the file is downloadable, connected to an account to MEGA or not.
What you describe is the loading page, but it is supposed to show the file in some seconds.
Knight of the Lady

Great work and congratulations on it. :)
TyCaine

check the browser you're using and ensure it's a more recent version.
I use different versions of browsers daily to check web code against to make sure it works, anything made with newer standards may not work as expected on an older browser and the loading page may be getting 'stuck'.

Just a thought
dry_erase

This is an incredible piece of work!
Dreadaxe

Le Passant wrote: ↑Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:05 amDreadaxe and Jack Days, both here, are those who pushed me to persevere, for the french and for english version. Thank you both !
:D
Also, I made references to Kalevala Hammer for the part on cigars and other things. Hope it's not a problem !
And no to Malal and the The doomed ones! Heresy ;)
Le Passant

Hi,

Slight updates, mainly correctly replacing graphical elements, and translated a lost french paragraph in the middle. I also added a Google drive link, if people have difficulties to make Mega working.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Much appreciated Le Passant. The version on Mega is still version 1.1 rather than version 1.121.
Le Passant

Thanks for mentioning it, I corrected the Mega link !

edit : light update, some corrections, for 1.122 (04/12/2020)
Le Passant

Hi,

I uploaded a 1.125 version. Some parts were still in french, so I corrected that. There is probably a ton of other missing things, but eyh. :mrgreen:
Visitor Q

I downloaded this recently and have been reading through it. Haven't read through enough of it to give a fully review but what I have seen is very impressive. The scope of the bestiary section is fantastic. Well done and more of this kind of thing please! :-)
Le Passant

Many Thanks !

I have another "regional" thing in the work, but it will take time, as I'm actually pretty slow and I have too many things to do in the same time. :?
I also have ideas for a addendum to Perilous Sands, focused on arabyan groups and organizations, like Shades for the Empire.
Le Passant

Hi,

I uploaded a small update for Perilous Sands. Nothing to important, some corrections and one or two parts which were still in french.

I also opened a blog, which will probably not be massive, but allow me to discuss things I won't have room for in the pdf, and perhaps share new things in the following months.

https://periloussands.blogspot.com/
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

The pictures in the latest version extend to the edge of each page, cutting out the border art and either obscuring or part obscuring the page header title or page footer page number.