Old World Medicinals

For general discussions about WFRP
Hyarion

In and amidst my many half finished projects, I am trying to outline the next chapter of my campaign which I intend to be an adaptation of Philip K Dick's book Ubik.

Obviously an aerosol spray is out of the question for The Old World (is it? Hmmm) but what other forms could a medicinal take that would be appropriate for the Empire? Off the top of my head:
Lotions/salves/unguents
A blessed/magical item
Herb poultices (Here I'm thinking of a wad of raw herbs, similar to what Clint Eastwood used in The Outlaw Josey Wales).
Teas/brews.
Elixirs (A chemical diffusion into water, as opposed to teas which are osmosing plant based beneficials).
Smokables (Opium, tobacco, other)

Anything else? Any other ideas come to mind when you hear that I'm adapting Ubik?
Last edited by Hyarion on Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Overlord

Warhammer Companions had info about medicine in empire. But the great idea is the "Gentleman’s Guide to Amputation" and here are many links about medieval medicine https://digilander.libero.it/camdic/MED ... DICINE.htm many of those are dead but some links still working and can give You the right idea.
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
Capitaneus Fractus

Damien Lyonnet's Medicinalis libri was a very good fan French supplement for WFRP1... Probably difficult to find, now.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
Orin J.

i think ungents/salves and smokables are both possible (the empire is definately a place that would have yo do opium for your toothache), as well as elixirs of dubious origins. really i think the only diffference between lotions and ungents is thickness.
Hyarion

Completely forgot smokables. Orin, great pickup.

Edited original list.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.