The town of Prie

For general discussions about WFRP
Robin

Doe anyone have any information on the town of Prie and Prie Ridge? Prie appears on the inside-cover map of WFRP4 on the river north of the Skaag Hills and gets mentioned in the book and in Adventures afoot in the Reikland. I can't find it on any maps other than Andy Law's master map, which I heard gathered pretty much everything mentioned for the setting (it includes other places I can't find on a casual google, including a lot of duchies).

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Robin
dry_erase

I'm fairly sure that many of the settlements on Andy's map are his own invention, to fill out the space and provide inspiration for GMs who want new or 'fresh' settings for their games.

The Empire feels much bigger with these additions, which I think is a good thing... there's more room for new background and mysteries.
Overlord

I guess You look at wiki. I bet You have...
Well even Gitzman map dont show it...
http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html
From what You saying north of Skaag Hills lay Carroburg according to Gitzman map. What set up have 4th edition post Storm of Chaos? Or it have its own timeline? Maybe it go with is own creation. Post Storm of Chaos is easy to assume that is recent city and not included of OLD Hammer
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
Robin

dry_erase wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:52 am I'm fairly sure that many of the settlements on Andy's map are his own invention, to fill out the space and provide inspiration for GMs who want new or 'fresh' settings for their games.

The Empire feels much bigger with these additions, which I think is a good thing... there's more room for new background and mysteries.
Yes indeed, although there seem to other places that should be on the map, but aren't. Perhaps this is because they're too small.

I checked the Lawhammer blogspot for posts on maps and enjoyed his examination of the Delbren and Delberz conundrum, but it seems he's introduced some uncertainties of his own.

Overlord wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:36 pm I guess You look at wiki. I bet You have...
Well even Gitzman map dont show it...
http://www.gitzmansgallery.com/shdmotwow.html
From what You saying north of Skaag Hills lay Carroburg according to Gitzman map. What set up have 4th edition post Storm of Chaos? Or it have its own timeline? Maybe it go with is own creation. Post Storm of Chaos is easy to assume that is recent city and not included of OLD Hammer
I'm now assuming they're his own creation too, although since Prie and Prie Ridge are now in official publications I guess these at least can be considered official.

Thanks for the replies. Very much appreciated.

Regards

Robin
FasterThanJesus

Might be one for dry_erase to confirm, but would any addition to the WFRP v4 Reikland map require GW approval before publication?

My only other thought is it could be a town mentioned in a tie-in novel, even in passing. Andy Law may well have collated that sort of thing while working on his Reikland mapnum opus.

I'm playing around with some text searching tools right now - actually in response to my earlier question about Viydaggs - to see if I can data mine this stuff. Unfortunately I don't have a comprehensive collection; some 1st ed I picked up from drive thru RPG on the cheap, 4th ed and some BL novels. I'm half way tempted to see if I can rip everything to a document database to better find stuff.

Edit: 3 references from 4th edition: core rulebook, adventures afoot and archives of empire. Apparently two of my PDFs are corrupt - thanks for telling me which ones!

Edit: added a bad pun
dry_erase

FasterThanJesus wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 3:07 pm Might be one for dry_erase to confirm, but would any addition to the WFRP v4 Reikland map require GW approval before publication?
I'm not close enough to the process to know for sure, but my understanding is that all art (including maps) needs GW approval.
mapnum opus.
For one split second, the Great Mutator turns his baleful stare at FasterThanJesus...
FasterThanJesus

dry_erase wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:33 pm For one split second, the Great Mutator turns his baleful stare at FasterThanJesus...
I also used it to described my Forge World Magnus the Red miniature. I have little shame.

On a less cringey note, I've got a full text search tool integrated into Calibre, where I've added my WFRP PDFs and ebooks and am getting some use from searching with it. I've found nothing new on Prie yet, but it does look to be a good strategy for finding stuff.
Overlord

There is none info in WFRP second edition and in Empire Army books. So its all about third and fourth that could have any info about it. I would exlude first cous second is based on it soo... but if You find something let us know.

http://khorne.ru/2nd/ here You have all 2 ed books if You wanna chceck for Yourself
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.