Hello from Greece

For general discussions about WFRP
plutonick

Returning (kinda, if you count 3rd edition) player here.

I started playing ad&d back in the 90s and during a greek 'con' I met three other guys that were playing WFRP (i think 1st) and speaking to them was such a cultural shock. My ad&d group was slaying dragons, and they were trying to get money in order to buy food. I was shocked.

During the 00s I started boardgaming and then FFG released their boardgameRPG WFRP 3rd edition so I felt inclined to give it a chance. I liked the world but the boardgamey mechanic was too fiddly (and costly to purchase), so I gave up a little before their version of TEW got released. I even joined stike-to-stun and I am kinda sad it's no longer available.

Once I heard C7 would released WFRP I got interested again but hesitated committing to it, that is until I heard about the DC TEW. So, now I am waiting for my rulebook and starter set and doing some research on their rules (frankly all that advantage discussion is having me worried).

Anyway, here I am, nice to meet you all (again).
Hyarion

Welcome!

If Advantage has you that worried, there are plenty of good solutions that aren't very difficult or intrusive that have been presented here. Which one works for you will, I guess, depend on what exactly has you worried with Advantage?
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
plutonick

I am going to go RAW until a problem occures. Then it's FastSL and if the problem still occurs, perhaps WFRP 4.5 patch by A.Law will have been 'released'. Who knows, perhaps my party is going to be ok with RAW, and anyway, I am not going to do a combat heavy campaign. Reading the TEW campaign seems so much fun just by roleplaying all those hilarious situations.