WFRP Social Justice & Representation

For general discussions about WFRP
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

makrellen wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 am
Herr Arnulfe wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:17 am
runefang wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:43 amOne of the problems of conservative humour in a historical roleplaying game (and lots of similar contexts) is that it can age badly. What might seem like a topical commentary on one of this years battleground in he culture war, can look a bit reactionary a few years later. And seeing as we're still referencing stuff in WFRP from 35 years ago, we'd be hostage to fortune.
I agree with this 100%. However, I still think Toby, Stuart and James should start a far-right fanzine in protest against the new paradigm of inclusivity and representation. It could provide an outlet for all the WFRP fans who feel alienated by lefty sensitivity.
I honestly think it's time you ask a mod to close this thread. I am sure you had honorable intentions with starting a discussion about inclusion and representation but that seems gone with a comment like that. Calling people out in the community as far-right serves absolutely no purpose.

We all know how small this community is and how hard it was to get something else going after StS shutdown. And you are clearly only still in this thread to create controversy with such statements.
I think that's being generous makrellen. I'm for a mod (aka Chuck) closing this thread.
Herr Arnulfe

makrellen wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:33 amWe all know how small this community is and how hard it was to get something else going after StS shutdown. And you are clearly only still in this thread to create controversy with such statements.
As the thread-starter, I'm just replying to posts in the manner that I see fit. Whymme had some constructive ideas earlier, so it would be nice to see more input along those lines. I think I've been quite civil given the circumstances.

The idea of a far-right fanzine might seem absurd but I'm actually 90% serious. I'd even contribute to such a fanzine provided there were 2 separate credits sections:

1. Contributors in Support of the Content
2. Contributors in Opposition to the Content

e.g. if the The Ogre-Halfling parody included a dark twist in which the Ogre commits suicide I would be a "contributor in support", otherwise I'd be a "contributor in opposition".
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Yeah it’s probably time to close the thread down and move on.