Any chance of a Soulbound subforum?

Talk about anything
HappyDaze

While the (Warhammer Age of Sigmar) Soulbound roleplaying game is not WFRP, they are both on the same family tree and there is likely to be some overlapping interest. Is there any chance of a Soulbound forum?

I ask because I have some questions regarding Soulbound lore and rules, and I'd like a good place to put them that will reach the eyes of those that are interested while not offending the eyes of those that are not.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Come up with a little tag line for the forum (like “thousand threads” or “small but vicious board”) and I’ll set it up.
HappyDaze

Perhaps:

Toto, I've a feeling we're not in the Old World anymore.

Or, more simply:

We're not in the Old World anymore.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Done!
HappyDaze

Thank you!
Hyarion

I am not seeing the button to start a new post in the Soulbound forum, but it's a really good idea to have a place for it.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
HappyDaze

Hyarion wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 8:37 am I am not seeing the button to start a new post in the Soulbound forum, but it's a really good idea to have a place for it.
I was coming back here to say that I didn't see a way to start/make posts in the Soulbound subforum. I wasn't sure if it was just me, but it appears I'm not alone in not seeing it.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

Oh wait you guys actually wanted to post in there?

Try it now
Overlord

HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:29 am (...) and I'd like a good place to put them that will reach the eyes of those that are interested while not offending the eyes of those that are not.
Someone should be offended by it? Seriosly? I saw people burning entire armies as a (chuckle) "protest" (maniacly laughing and cryinig for the minis). Its just a game for Pete sake. I dont see problem with that its just... diffrent but still End Times its the begining of AoS so... still in the book
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
HappyDaze

Overlord wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:02 pm
HappyDaze wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 7:29 am (...) and I'd like a good place to put them that will reach the eyes of those that are interested while not offending the eyes of those that are not.
Someone should be offended by it? Seriosly? I saw people burning entire armies as a (chuckle) "protest" (maniacly laughing and cryinig for the minis). Its just a game for Pete sake. I dont see problem with that its just... diffrent but still End Times its the begining of AoS so... still in the book
At times, it is hard to be certain what will offend. I know some WFB players that have a big hate-on for AoS. If the RPG players here feel that way, I figured it would be best to have Soulbound in it's own subforum.
Orin J.

i wouldn't call it hate....contempt maybe.....
Hyarion

It's hate. Not because AoS is bad or different, but (mostly) because GW killed off WFB to make it happen.

If GW had not killed off Fantasy but transitioned it to Forgeworld, similar to how they have transitioned LotR SBG to be a minimally supported game with occasional new models via Forgeworld, and introduced AoS as a new separate game? I think it would have gone over *very* differently.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Overlord

They didnt kill WFB we all know that. They just stopped second hand market. The new Old World will be present with diffrent scale of minis. People hate about everything even if they cant do anything about it. GW product they could make with it anything they want. And people hate couse they are just... i will write stupid? You dont kill goose with golden eggs. They needed new idea for it and a way to remove it from the scene for a time being thats how it works in business and if anybody cant think for a second ... well... many armies burn for it...
I have ocean of treasures at the bottom. You can search it If You want, but You may never come back.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Overlord wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am The new Old World will be present with diffrent scale of minis.
Different in scale to what? Do you know what scale they will be? Did you read that somewhere or is that speculation?
Overlord wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:47 am They needed new idea for it and a way to remove it from the scene for a time being thats how it works in business and if anybody cant think for a second ... well... many armies burn for it...
I'm not convinced that there was a plan to bring back The Old World when WFB was discontinued. I'm under the impression, from the coincidence, that the change in the management structure was what gave some people at Games Workshop the opportunity to recreate The Old World.
Herr Arnulfe

The destruction of the Fantasy setting doesn't bother me now as much as it did originally, because GW has been very supportive of licensed properties. In fact, I'd wager the success of Total War: Warhammer demonstrated to GW how popular the Fantasy setting really is. People just didn't want to play the bloated movement tray game that WFB had become. Who knows if GW would even be launching an Old World game without the success of Total War.

In some ways, RPG and videogame publishers can exercise even more creative freedom with the Fantasy IP when GW isn't actively developing it. e.g. Total War created entirely new factions for Norsca and the Vampire Coast, which I doubt would've been possible if WFB was still active.
Overlord

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... warhammer/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... bretonnia/ this isnt speculation, they working on WFB long enough, smoewhere i saw new Kislev project. Im following the topic and something is going in the right way :)
32 mm minis just like 40k, AoS
Herr Arnulfe

32 mm scale is annoying. I would play Old World if I could use my old WFB armies, but I'm not going to start over from scratch.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Overlord wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:46 pm https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... warhammer/
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... bretonnia/ this isnt speculation, they working on WFB long enough, smoewhere i saw new Kislev project. Im following the topic and something is going in the right way :)
32 mm minis just like 40k, AoS
The only reference i can see to miniatures in either of those links is the AOS promotion: "The heroes, villains, warriors and monsters of Warhammer Age of Sigmar represent the best range of fantasy miniatures in the world". Other than inferring from that that Games Workshop will produce miniatures for The Old World that are much the same as those for AOS, which is not an unreasonable inference or even an unreasonable assumption but none the less not much to go on, i can't see anything to indicate that there will even be miniatures (other than it's Games Workshop) and still less to indicate what scale they will be.
Last edited by Totsuzenheni Yukimi on Fri May 28, 2021 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Herr Arnulfe wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:54 am 32 mm scale is annoying. I would play Old World if I could use my old WFB armies, but I'm not going to start over from scratch.
I'm not keen on 32mm miniatures either, despite the extra level of detail that could be produced at that scale, because they take up so much more room than 28mm miniatures. (This is quite apart from many miniatures that are described as 32mm scale not actually being of a consistant scale, being 'heroic' in scale, and not actually having a greater level of detail than 28mm miniatures can.)
Overlord

Totsu You read only 1 article i posted or all what is on community? I dont gonna defend myself but there aint assumptions. GW works on new WFB. Just google it ;)