Cubicle 7 dropping the Lord of the Rings

Talk about anything
Orin J.

FasterThanJesus wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:33 pm The plot definitely thickens. That farcebook comment is a lot more specific than Cubicle7's vague contractual issues (not to mention contradictory). Something is not right there.
No, no...this makes sense. unlike their usual slapdash encouragement posting, this is a serious legal matter and they need to be very clear on where their position is to avoid getting into any trouble with loose ends down the line.

just imagine this post had a large man with a bat standing behind cubicle 7 unlike their usual lolling around with a a snifter of brandy.
CapnZapp

Free League Publishing Mar 09, 2020 announced a partnership with Sophisticated Games to publish tabletop roleplaying games set in Middle-earth and based on the books by J.R.R. Tolkien. Francesco Nepitello, author of the game series alongside Marco Maggi, will continue as its lead designer.
https://frialigan.se/en/news/#/pressrel ... th-2979811
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

CapnZapp wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 9:45 am Free League Publishing Mar 09, 2020 announced a partnership with Sophisticated Games to publish tabletop roleplaying games set in Middle-earth and based on the books by J.R.R. Tolkien. Francesco Nepitello, author of the game series alongside Marco Maggi, will continue as its lead designer.
https://frialigan.se/en/news/#/pressrel ... th-2979811
That press release announces a 'new edition', but whether this will be the, as i understand it, still quite new, second edition, or a third edition it doesn't say.
CapnZapp

totsuzenheni wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:03 am That press release announces a 'new edition', but whether this will be the, as i understand it, still quite new, second edition, or a third edition it doesn't say.
Free League staffers have made clear (in various forums) the edition they intend to publish will be Francesco's 2nd edition (the work he was about to finish for C7 when negotiations fell thru), just with a little "Free League polish" on top.

So not an entirely new game. Nor a game using their in-house Year Zero engine. A second edition of The One Ring.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

CapnZapp wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:43 pm
totsuzenheni wrote: Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:03 am That press release announces a 'new edition', but whether this will be the, as i understand it, still quite new, second edition, or a third edition it doesn't say.
Free League staffers have made clear (in various forums) the edition they intend to publish will be Francesco's 2nd edition (the work he was about to finish for C7 when negotiations fell thru), just with a little "Free League polish" on top.

So not an entirely new game. Nor a game using their in-house Year Zero engine. A second edition of The One Ring.
Appreciated.
CapnZapp

I've already voiced this sentiment elsewhere, but I guess reposting it here can't hurt:

I completely missed TOR when it first came out. I have no explanation for it not appearing on my radar, it just didn't. Once I did realize there was this acclaimed Middle-Earth game that really tried shaping adventures away from D&D-style antics toward a much more Tolkienesque experience, the game was already flooded with clarifications, supplements and errata.

So I look forward to a second edition if for no other reason it hopefully lets my players buy a single book and that's all you need to play! :)