Sigmar's hammer, Ulric's axe, Verena's sword

The enemy lurks in shadows
AdrianGrom

Sigmar's Fiery Hammer (p226), Winter's Bite (p228) and Sword Of Justice (p228) apply to mundane weapons, rendering war hammers, axes and swords magical. I guess there's two kinds of axes: great axes and hand weapon axes. So maybe they both get to use Winter's Bite. But the war hammer is a very specific 2-handed weapon. Sigmar's Fiery Hammer doesn't apply to cavalry hammers, does it? Zweihanders are swordlike, can they be Swords Of Justice? Foils and rapiers? Main gauches?

Just trying to decide how widely applicable these invocations are.
Orin J.

the invocations do not specifiy that it's listed as the weapon in the equipment list but that it's called that weapon, so a travelling hatchet, woodcutter's axe or Orc's choppa would count as an axe for the purposes of ulric's requirement. similerly, rapiers are considered swords, but a main gauche is a dagger and wouldn't count.

sigmar is the one getting the short end of the stick, since it requires a warhammer, but this would include decorative warhammers, which are not in short supply around their churches.....i would probably whip up a second weapons of the old world PDF if i was running a campaign to include a sigmarite warhammer since most of their warrior priests weild those things one-handed though...
Ayantis

I disagree.
A term ”warhammer” in the Miracle is a generic term and not the Game Term (definition on page 7) since it’s written with small letters.
Warhammer as the 2-Handed weapon is the Game Term.
That means any warhammer can be used in that Miracle, one-handed , two handed , mounted or not.

Same with other Miracles mentioned above, any sword or axe will do, since they do not call for specific Game Terms but rather generic terms.
In any case it’s up to GM to decide if the weapon in question belongs to the correct group.
Orin J.

Ayantis wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:43 pm I disagree.
A term ”warhammer” in the Miracle is a generic term and not the Game Term (definition on page 7) since it’s written with small letters.
Warhammer as the 2-Handed weapon is the Game Term.
That means any warhammer can be used in that Miracle, one-handed , two handed , mounted or not.

Same with other Miracles mentioned above, any sword or axe will do, since they do not call for specific Game Terms but rather generic terms.
In any case it’s up to GM to decide if the weapon in question belongs to the correct group.
I said it has to be a warhammer, not a Warhammer. So wooden mallets, carpenter's hammers, makeshift hammers, ect. wouldn't count. it has to be a hammer built for military purposes, which is a comparitive handicap in itself. The game doesn't specify anything for warhammers so you'd have to detail what hand weapon you buy yourself and/or hope enough people around you are using warhammers as well.