The Oldenhaller coat of arms?

The enemy lurks in shadows
yoroba

Does the Oldenhaller coat of arms exist somewhere (for my new campaign)?
I have googled it, and have come up blank.
FasterThanJesus

I used my fancy new search tool on my 4th edition content and couldn't find anything (The Oldenhallers are mentioned in 6 of the published books). Although I have most 2nd and 3rd, they're only in physical copies and after checking the obvious places, I couldn't see anything. What 1st ed stuff I have is probably in my parent's loft (or possibly thrown out).
yoroba

Thank you for trying. I will just make my own I think, or grab a nice one from google.
Whymme

Does the Oldenhaller family have a coat of arms anyway? That would be something for nobility, and the Oldenhallers are mere merchants.
Capitaneus Fractus

Coats of arms aren't reserved to the nobility. Merchants had coats of arms both in Early Modern European parts of Earth and -if I'm remembering correctly some city supplements such as Bögenhafen's or Marienburg's- in the fantasy setting of the Warhammer's World.
On Heraldic history wrote: Heraldry spread to the burgher class in the 13th century, and even some peasants used arms in the 14th century.[10] German burgher arms may have played a key role in the development of Swedish heraldry, especially in Stockholm, which had a large German population in the late Middle Ages.[10]
On Heraldic elements wrote: German coats of arms are frequently depicted in period sources with a helmet and crest over the shield, often surrounded by mantling. Helmets, which were almost always included in period rolls of arms, were indicative of the bearer's social status. Open helmets, for example, were reserved for the nobility, while burgher arms were allowed a closed helmet.
On personal heraldry wrote: Although assumption of arms always remained free, the emperors of the Holy Roman Empire since Charles IV began to grant arms without raising people to nobiliary status. In the 15th century the authority to grant arms was delegated to “Counts Palatine of the Imperial Court” (German: Hofpfalzgrafen), who from then on also granted arms to burghers. This was regarded as luxury everyone was not able to afford.

The tilting helmet was prescribed for arms of non-nobles, while the barred helmet was restricted by the imperial chancellery to the nobility as upholders of the tradition of tourneying. this privilege was also shared by certain people who enjoyed the same standing as the nobility, e.g. those who had a doctor's title in law or theology.[32] Custom of the use of the barred helmet was also followed by city patricians.[33] Although the rule of the use of the tilting helmet by burghers was not always obeyed, it has still become the norm in many countries of the German-Nordic heraldic tradition, e.g. in Swedish heraldry.

After the fall of the Holy Roman Empire, arms were no longer granted to burghers except in the Kingdom of Saxony, where such grants continued from 1911 until 1918. Elsewhere burgher arms were assumed. Such family heraldry is still alive in Germany and burgher arms are protected by law.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_heraldry

About Burger's arms, see also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgher_arms
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
yoroba

Thank you very much. This was new to me :)
It will make me seem even more omnipotent next time I GM, hehe! I mean... I AM omnipotent, being a GM and all.
Also remember that GMs never forget. They just postpone remebering.