Looking for input on Greenskin- hunter adventure

The enemy lurks in shadows
yoroba

I was so happy with the input on my last post that I thought I'd try my luck with another post, on an adventure I'm starting.

This one will start with the PC being sent on a recover mission for a lost teenage girl. She's been abducted from a coach (the rest of the passengers slain) and taken to an abandoned windmill (or if you have a cooler location I'd like to hear) where greenskin marauders operate out of.
The teenage girl has of course been viciously murdered by the greenskins when the PC arrive (something like the "Goblin Slayer" manga... remember: The is no such thing as "too grim" in WFRP).
The PC will have to decide if he can "salvage" her. And if he should sneak in or attack head on the greenskins still there. Or call the road wardens, against his employer's wishes.

The twist is that the owner of the coachlines who sent the PC, is the one funding the greenskin band (with guns ("firesticks") and females). The greenskins were supposed to attack the competing coaches, but since an agent of the coachline owner insulted the orc in charge (and got totured to death for it), they have gone rogue, attacking anyone. Amongst others the coach that the coachline owner's teenage cousin was on.

The PC will find the mangled corpse of the coachline owner's agent, and a letter telling of his connection to the greenskins.

I want the PC to decide what to do with it all, when he's standing with a corpse of an innocent, the chance of potential justice (if he hands the evidence over to road wardens) or the chance of a big bribe. Will he be just or unjust...

What I'm asking for:

- Are there any tweaks that could make this scenario better?
- What would a good link to further greenskin hunting be? I mean expanding this adventure into a campaign (I'm blanking on how to proceed after this scenario)
- What could a good name for this adventure be?
Orin J.

the first two things that come to mind are problems.
1: why does a coachman have a letter connecting his boss to the greenskins? that's blackmail material right there. anyone able to set this up should be self-aware enough not to leave something like that in the hands of a clown that mocks a big orc to his face.
2: why do the greenskins bring this girl back to their lair at all? unless you're tweeking the setting, greenskins are asexual ad don't care about "pretty" so there's no reason for them to drag just the girl back home to kill her.

you have the general brushstrokes of the plot but you need to go over how these things work as a narrative instead of just breadcrumbs.
yoroba

Thank you for the feedback Orin.

The letter was written by the agent (coachman) and only intended for his masters eyes. The agent had build up arrogance (rather stupidly) towards the Orc in charge of the small raiding band attacking coaches. I have attached the letter.

I am tweaking the setting a bit a'la the Goblin Slayer manga. In this universe there are only male goblins. This means they can only reproduce by abducting females of other races. This crippled orc villain of this adventure will be trying something like this (I never really liked the fungus-reproduction explanation of Warhammer orcs. Not dark enough).

However I will have to tie the story more together, you are right. Working on "glue" between the crumbs now.
Attachments
EH letter copy.jpg
Capitaneus Fractus

yoroba wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:47 amI am tweaking the setting a bit a'la the Goblin Slayer manga. In this universe there are only male goblins. This means they can only reproduce by abducting females of other races.
In Warhammer, that is the case of fimirs.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
yoroba

Fimirs might be a future enemies of my PC. I really like how dark they are. And do smell a little like DnD. Might be nice for a change.
Orin J.

the note just raises more questions, it sounds more like he's a full partner of the villain than a henchman than anything else, and several points in the note feel like they're handed to the players to make them go in the right direction, like the writer giving his name and the P.S. at the end.
yoroba wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 pm Fimirs might be a future enemies of my PC. I really like how dark they are. And do smell a little like DnD. Might be nice for a change.
as always when the fimir come up, i have to mention i wrote out a document abut them a while back which might hopefully be of some aid to you in fitting them into you campaign plans:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=90

honestly from what you've said so far, it sounds like you should've been using them instead of the orcs.