Feast of Blood

The enemy lurks in shadows
Robin

Utterly shameless promotion time here I'm afraid, but C7 has just released my latest scenario, Feast of Blood, with a wonderfully gruesome cover!

https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/w ... -of-blood/

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/30 ... ?src=fp_u5

C7 has included four pre-gen PCs, which is a nice addition.

I started writing this back in the Warpstone days. After Warpstone passed into the Aethyr I couldn't find the motivation to finish it, but happily Dave Allen and C7 thought it might make a good Geheimnisnacht scenario... and here we are.

If you're tempted by the Feast, I hope it's to your liking...

Regards,

Robin
Hyarion

I looked over it briefly, and it looks like a great scenario. Can't wait to read it more fully later!
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
Robin

Hyarion wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:21 am I looked over it briefly, and it looks like a great scenario. Can't wait to read it more fully later!
Thank-you! I hope you enjoy reading it. If you have any questions afterwards, please ask.

Regards,

Robin
FasterThanJesus

I picked it up yesterday and it looks nice from scanning over it.

I noticed it's played out Sylvania, but do you think adapting it to drop into TEW is easy?
Robin

I suppose I should warn of very minor spoilers...

FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:49 am I picked it up yesterday and it looks nice from scanning over it.

I noticed it's played out Sylvania, but do you think adapting it to drop into TEW is easy?
That's a fair question.

As written, Spider Holt is on the Stirland-Ostermark border - I imagined it half in Ostermark, half in Sylvania. Looking at a map, I'm thinking you could shunt it down to the Kemperbad neck of the woods where you still have a border with Stirland. Even then, connection to Stirland or Sylvania isn't absolutely necessary and you can place it elsewhere - it's just means that some guests might have had to make a longer journey for the Feast... though in truth the guests could probably make their homes in many places other than Sylvania.

For the initial set-up, however, the hamlet of Hagedorn is probably best placed in a region where the worship of Taal would be logical, and probably relatively remote.

Why would the PCs be travelling in the vicinity of this remote village? Well, one possibility is that one or more of the PCs is motivated by a seemingly divine vision. Visions are part of the plot in this scenario, so it might be nice to tie the PCs into that experience, even if their vision is a bit different. A more mundane idea is to stick a tributary running a field or two away from the village. While exploring this stretch of river the PCs spot the village and decide to visit, perhaps.

Hopefully that will make more sense when you've read it through.

Any other questions or general comment and discussion is more than welcome (and that goes for my previous scenario, Something Knocking, too).

Regards,

Robin
FasterThanJesus

Thanks Robin,

I was originally thinking that maybe straight after the Horned Rat with a slight juggling of the timing of Heinrich's intervention. Partly because it's a bit non-stopping train from the mid point of The Horned Rat to the end of Empire in Ruins but also because having a few more scenarios that can be used for a change of pace, particularly if not all players are available.

Kemperbad does seem reasonable, and DotR is a great adventure for dropping these kinds of scenarios.

I also have Something Knocking, printed off in a separate binder waiting for me to finish up reading all the published EW - it seems I'm slow reader these days and Cubicle 7 have definitely increased their output a lot this twelve months or so.

Cheers
Robin

FasterThanJesus wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:49 am
I was originally thinking that maybe straight after the Horned Rat with a slight juggling of the timing of Heinrich's intervention. Partly because it's a bit non-stopping train from the mid point of The Horned Rat to the end of Empire in Ruins but also because having a few more scenarios that can be used for a change of pace, particularly if not all players are available.
I must admit that because I'm waiting for hardback, I don't have The Horned Rat yet, so I don't really know much about it.
it seems I'm slow reader these days and Cubicle 7 have definitely increased their output a lot this twelve months or so.
I'm in a similar situation. I still have the C7 DotR, PbtT, their associated companions, Middenheim and Archives of the Empire to read.

Regards,

Robin
Stallion12

Robin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:16 am Utterly shameless promotion time here I'm afraid, but C7 has just released my latest scenario, Feast of Blood, with a wonderfully gruesome cover!

https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/w ... -of-blood/

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/30 ... ?src=fp_u5

C7 has included four pre-gen PCs, which is a nice addition.

I started writing this back in the Warpstone days. After Warpstone passed into the Aethyr I couldn't find the motivation to finish it, but happily Dave Allen and C7 thought it might make a good Geheimnisnacht scenario... and here we are.

If you're tempted by the Feast, I hope it's to your liking...

Regards,

Robin
Just wanted to say that's awesome they did that.
Robin

Stallion12 wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:12 pm
Robin wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:16 am

Just wanted to say that's awesome they did that.
It was great to see it out in the wild. It worked out just a little differently to how I originally imagined it (more in the details than the outline), but for the better. One element I cut before the editors got there was an unnecessary NPC, a young Bretonnian knight by the name of Roger de Morre, and his white steed, Esprit... he may be a parody too far, but he's a useful NPCs so I may release him as well one day.

Regards,

Robin