Investigator's skills

The enemy lurks in shadows
pedrolunaris

Don't you find odd that the Investigator Career has Talents that relate only to the use of the Research Skill, but hasn't this Skill listed in any of its levels?

To be clearer:

At the third level, "Master Investigator", the Talent is "Bookish".

At the fourth level, "Detective", the Talent is "Speedreader".

Also, the Career offers the same Skill, "Lore (Any)" both at its third and fourth levels. None of this appears in the Errata version 1.1.

Has anyone made any change in the career regarding this aspect?

(Edit: included the part about the Lore (Any) Skill)
Braddoc

Lore (Any) means you can select any Lore you'd like, not that is an Lore concerning <Any>, whichever that would mean

Is Reasearch a basic skill? If so then you can stil use it wiht his Attribute and the taletns will give him an edge when he does use the skill.

I played an investigator, got to mid level 2 with it.
Ayantis

You can always discuss it with your GM and for instance train Research with endeavour if your GM thinks it fits.
Since it is an Advanced Skill and you need at least one Advance to be able to test it.

Lore (any) or any Skill (any) means you can pick one specialization and that choice is locked for that Career level.
As for the Investigator, You can choose one Lore specialization at level 3 and a different one at level 4 and both count as a Career skill.
adambeyoncelowe

Some of the Careers are janky. In others, it's intentional that you can gain Talents even without the requisite Skill. You're supposed to buy the Skill at out-of-Career costs or just use the Talent with a penalty for untrained use of the Skill.

In this instance, it might be a mistake.
Resonance

I'd propose that Research was probably intended as a basic skill, when careers were written.
That way, Investigators of all stripes (and Physicians before Doktor rank) along with everybody else without Research in their skill list, can simply perform Research with a straight Intelligence test.
The one caveat being, that the characters must be able to read, before they can do a Research (Intelligence) Test.
(Like it says on the Tin for Research)
DiePingu

Lots of the careers are janky and have mistakes - I would discuss with your GM and suggest swapping one of the other skills out at the appropriate level for Research. I've done this for several of the players in my campaign