A Gimmick of Cubicle 7

The enemy lurks in shadows
hallucyon

In May 2018 I pre-ordered the Collector's Limited Edition WFRP4 Rulebook. The release of the PDF version was scheduled for the following month but a delay occurred. Therefore, in July 2018 I received, as an apology, an e-mail, signed by CEO, from the Cubicle 7 account with "a 25% off coupon for any existing Cubicle 7 products (not pre-orders)". No expiry date was set for the coupon. Eventually, I decided to redeem it a few weeks ago while ordering a few WFRP4 titles directly through the Cubicle 7 online store. It turned out the coupon was not valid anymore. Still, I bought the books and wrote in the message box about the coupon. A parcel with the books and no explanation has just arrived. Well, from my point of view, "a 25% off coupon" was just an empty promise.

EDIT: Having read this post, a Cubicle 7 employee found my order form, read the message box, resolved the issue and messaged me. So, it seems they do not read anything that is put in the message box, and in case of any problems a separate e-mail must be sent. What is the message box for, then? Anyway, I am glad to have received my promised discount. A thank-you from me goes to this individual employee.
Last edited by hallucyon on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zisse

Did you write to their customer service? My experience with them is actually quite good.
adambeyoncelowe

Yeah, I would've thought they'd have applied the discount at their end. It's always easier to get the discount before ordering, rather than afterward.
Asimovian

If the coupon did not indicate an expiry date, I think an email to customer service would have resolved the issue.
BigManMurph

Hey Hallucyon,

I work at Cubicle 7.

Our coupon didn't have an expiry, but unfortunately (or fortunately if you remember it) our old website expired, and with it some other elements.

Drop an email to kieranm or info @ cubicle7games.com and I can resolve this pretty easily for you.

- Kieran.
SigmariteOrWrong

adambeyoncelowe wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:38 am Yeah, I would've thought they'd have applied the discount at their end. It's always easier to get the discount before ordering, rather than afterward.
Couldn't agree more with this.
BigManMurph wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:15 am Our coupon didn't have an expiry, but unfortunately (or fortunately if you remember it) our old website expired, and with it some other elements.

Drop an email to kieranm or info @ cubicle7games.com and I can resolve this pretty easily for you.
Kieran is awesome. I chatted to him at GenCon19 and he fixed up a problem we had on the wholesale supply end a while back getting stock in Oz, made a dozen customers very happy. Thanks again Kieran.