Is there any more information on the Duke/Duchy of Telland?

The enemy lurks in shadows
HappyDaze

The Starter Set tells us that the Emperor's Rest Hostel in Ubersreik is owned by "the fabulously wealthy Duke of Telland" but that's the only mention of Telland that I can find. Does anyone know more about this Duke or the Duchy he rules (assuming he's a landed noble, but my hunch is that a Duke probably has a Duchy)?
Orin J.

i have no idea but duchy is a bretonnian trope, so i'd say to look in that area instead of the empire. ubersriek is on the border so it would be reasonable for eastern bretonnians to have a few investments over there.
HappyDaze

Orin J. wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:26 pm i have no idea but duchy is a bretonnian trope, so i'd say to look in that area instead of the empire. ubersriek is on the border so it would be reasonable for eastern bretonnians to have a few investments over there.
In the 4e materials, at least, these titles and fiefdoms exist in the Empire too. Ubersreik is a duchy, so too is Black Rock and others within the Starter Set. While most of these seem to have rulers with the title of Graf, we also see Duke Brynich and Duchess Eleanor of House Aschaffenberg (along with the Duchy of Aschaffenberg) in the same product.

I'm not sure I want to have the Emperor's Rest owned by a Bretonnian. Considering what it does in Ubersreik (high-end lodging for visiting nobles and such) and the general ill-will toward Bretonnia in the area, I wouldn't think that would go over all too well.
dry_erase

HappyDaze wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:39 pm In the 4e materials, at least, these titles and fiefdoms exist in the Empire too. Ubersreik is a duchy, so too is Black Rock and others within the Starter Set. While most of these seem to have rulers with the title of Graf, we also see Duke Brynich and Duchess Eleanor of House Aschaffenberg (along with the Duchy of Aschaffenberg) in the same product.

I'm not sure I want to have the Emperor's Rest owned by a Bretonnian. Considering what it does in Ubersreik (high-end lodging for visiting nobles and such) and the general ill-will toward Bretonnia in the area, I wouldn't think that would go over all too well.
There's some material on titles in The Enemy In Shadows Companion...

In many parts of the Empire, ‘Hochadel’ Noble Houses, those who have been counted as noble for over 1,000 years, use the title graf and gravin rather than duke and duchess or count and countess; that said, in Middenland they prefer the title grafina to gravin, which they see as somewhat effete.

Telland seems to come from Shades of Empire - in the Imperial Navy article there's a Lord Reichen von Telland who made a fortune as a ship's captain plundering Bretonnian vessels and retired aged 26.