High Elf game suggestions?

The enemy lurks in shadows
yoroba

I'm starting a solo game for a high elf wizard apprentice player. He's come fresh from Ulthuan to Aldorf, where he aims to pursue knowledge and research warpstone.

I'm thinking of giving him an initial handicap when talking to NPCs in silver tier and lower (elvish snobbishness), to be removed with XP.

What else could I do to give him a sense of being a little alien in a brand new (albeit smelly) Old world?
Hyarion

Your elf apprentice is fresh from Ulthuan? You could impose a small penalty that wears off over time when surrounded by unfamiliar architechture (particularly if they are underground). Or when surrounded by large noisy crowds (sensory overload).

Let's imagine that in Altdorf, when the Temple of Sigmar's bells ring at noon on Sigmartag, it is custom for everyone to have 5 minutes of silence out of reverence for Sigmar (or some other appropriate ritual custom). You could have a whole host of social faux pas related to a "inculturated" sigmarism. I won't ask what part of the world you come from, but in the US we have what are called "blue laws" that prevent the sale of certain items on Sundays. You could have something similar in Altdorf.

When I was in Boy Scouts, we used to have "snipe hunts" and send new scouts to find "left-handed smoke shifters". You could have some of the more established Altdorf elves send your PC on such Fool's Errands as a form of amusement for their boredom in such a backwards place.
I hold the glaive of Law against the Earth.
yoroba

My player's elf is a wizard apprentice fresh from Ulthuan, yes.

I love the ideas! I thank you so much. It will help put some believable flavour to the first Aldorf-sessions.