The Beast Form spell

The enemy lurks in shadows
skylark

*Sight* I guess I was wrong.

Damn the more I run this system the less polished it feels, I may have to revert back to 2nd or house rule the hell out of it.
SigmariteOrWrong

If Wolves can't play piano, why does Selena Gomez have Easy Piano tutorials for Wolves online?!

Selena Gomez & Marshmello - Wolves - EASY Piano Tutorial + SHEETS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZJNXLEH0Fs

:: Drops Mic ::
adambeyoncelowe

skylark wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:52 pm *Sight* I guess I was wrong.

Damn the more I run this system the less polished it feels, I may have to revert back to 2nd or house rule the hell out of it.
I totally get this impulse. 4e is geared towards offering a selection of rules and choices. So it's definitely more granular, and in places it's clunky. This is partially because of the changes in the core team, not only in the writing of the core but afterwards.

That said, this is one of the simpler rules. It's just: change what's listed, add on the stuff we tell you to add, and keep everything else.

The biggest grey area is that it requires GM fiat to decide which Skills and Talents are commonsense to use. Which, if you're expecting a rule for every situation, might not be what you expected (especially as 4e often does give a rule for every situation).

If you like some elements of 4e but think 2e is generally simpler (which it is, I would agree), there's a really helpful WFRP2.4 ruleset that was published in The Ratter. It uses 2e as the chassis but adds a number of helpful things from 4e to improve weaknesses in that older system.
skylark

The biggest grey area is that it requires GM fiat to decide which Skills and Talents are commonsense to use. Which, if you're expecting a rule for every situation, might not be what you expected (especially as 4e often does give a rule for every situation).

It not that, I can work with grey, I can adjust to grey, but It very hard to veto anything that is part of the core rule system because. You don't punish clever players that put the work into figuring out the system, you reward them.
It's the skewed balance between characters that is bothering me, an easy to cast spell that is give you very high power at a relatively early stage in the game is not going to ruin much for the GM (me), an experience GM can adjust the threat level and deal with that, what this is going to is mess up the balance between the players so much that the others will have a lot less fun. Any encounter to deal with an enormous bear with 70+ wound (+talent +skills) is going to kill the other players outright or sideline them completely.
adambeyoncelowe

skylark wrote: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:42 am

It not that, I can work with grey, I can adjust to grey, but It very hard to veto anything that is part of the core rule system because. You don't punish clever players that put the work into figuring out the system, you reward them.
It's the skewed balance between characters that is bothering me, an easy to cast spell that is give you very high power at a relatively early stage in the game is not going to ruin much for the GM (me), an experience GM can adjust the threat level and deal with that, what this is going to is mess up the balance between the players so much that the others will have a lot less fun. Any encounter to deal with an enormous bear with 70+ wound (+talent +skills) is going to kill the other players outright or sideline them completely.
Yeah, until the bear needs to play that violin or even pick a lock. Brute force isn't the only thing that solves problems.