Typos, Missing Text & Errors In 4th Edition Books

The enemy lurks in shadows
RubbleRunner

I'm looking to complete my 4th Edition collection but want to hold back buying any books which have very glaring typos or missing text and wait for reprints of the most obviously typo-ed books.

So which books are the most error free and least likely to be offensive to this borderline OCD collector...?
Orin J.

I want to point out there aren't currently Any plans for fixes in any reprinted material, if they happen. so while everyone should definitely let you know about typos, missing text, or straight up printing errors currently out there, it's not possible to be sure they won't be retained between printings.
RubbleRunner

So, by default, Cubicle 7 don’t take the opportunity to fix things when they reprint?
Orin J.

RubbleRunner wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:22 pm So, by default, Cubicle 7 don’t take the opportunity to fix things when they reprint?
I can't speak for their plans going forward, only that at the time of release they didn't currently have plans to make any corrections to the initial books in future printings. i'd suggest contacting them about it.
SigmariteOrWrong

There are corrections and changes in the later PDF's, so I'd assume at some point a change in the Printers proofs has got to happen.
johnfinnswife

RubbleRunner wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:39 pm I'm looking to complete my 4th Edition collection but want to hold back buying any books which have very glaring typos or missing text and wait for reprints of the most obviously typo-ed books.

So which books are the most error free and least likely to be offensive to this borderline OCD collector...?
Death on the Reik is riddled with the latter half of stats (possessions, notes, loot etc.) from 1e, as if they CTRL-C/CTRL-V'd it straight over. Others were probably more caught out by other stuff but that wound me right up.
FasterThanJesus

My favourite is 'Ducy of Ubersreik' on the back of Ubersreik adventures.

The CE version of Enemy in Shadows has a different sum of money for the adventurers needed poster in the physical handout versus the one in the book. This is particularly astonishing as johnfinnswife observes with the copy + paste nature of some of the issues.

They have a proper errata form on their website now, so maybe things will get better as those of us who paid a lot of money for the CE editions can act as free beta testers for them.
Orin J.

SigmariteOrWrong wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:56 am There are corrections and changes in the later PDF's, so I'd assume at some point a change in the Printers proofs has got to happen.
PDF corrections may not be done to the required standard for proper printing or even in the same format needed, so i wouldn't assume anything of future printings until they announce it.
RubbleRunner

What is wrong with Cubicle 7 that they can’t get these things right, especially when the release schedule has been so sparse giving them plenty of time, or even properly care about correcting them.

These books aren’t cheap. I have to stymie my dismay by realising what I would have felt like if I’d paid the ££££s for the limited edition collector’s set.
FasterThanJesus

RubbleRunner wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:23 am What is wrong with Cubicle 7 that they can’t get these things right, especially when the release schedule has been so sparse giving them plenty of time, or even properly care about correcting them.

These books aren’t cheap. I have to stymie my dismay by realising what I would have felt like if I’d paid the ££££s for the limited edition collector’s set.
They put out an update of Death on the Reik today and it's actually been versioned and has a change list. This may be the result of new head of WFRP whose background is in publishing or maybe my comments on this issue are getting through (although I doubt my opinions register anywhere). The incorrectly annotated map of Grissenwald, which showed the River Rier, was labelled as chaned (I was happy, I raised this). It now shows River Riek :facepalm:

It's disappointing because the CE books are genuinely nice (they are overpriced though) and these errors are just frustrating.