Fear vs Terror

The enemy lurks in shadows
skylark

I cant find anything about this in the rules but what happens if a Fear 1 creature meets a Terror 2 creature?
previous editions had subtraction mechanics > Fear vs Terror = non vs Fear.

I know the size rule covers most of these cases, but there are other factors that generate Fear and Terror without size.
Orin J.

As-Written, any Fear and Terror qualities not resulting from size (being undead, daemons, or taxmen come to repossess the ratcatcher's dog) do not interact, meaning that two vampires, who both cause Fear, would currently cause each other to take a Cool test to approach each other which i imagine makes sylvanian politics something of an awkward moment.

so to answer your exact question, the Fear (1) creature is subject to testing against Terror (2), and the Terror (2) creature is subject to testing against Fear (1), Rules as written.
skylark

LOL, Im gonna put that down as something the designers missed and house rule this myself to what previous editions had. :D
skylark

Or maybe that's why you only see one ghost at a time, they are to scared of each other.
adambeyoncelowe

I rule that creatures with Fear or Terror are immune to those traits up to their own rating. E.g., if you cause Terror 1, you can ignore all Fear but would still have to deal with Terror 2. If you cause Fear 3, you'd ignore Fear 1-3, but not Fear 4, etc. I would probably deduct the difference for those Extended Tests (so Fear 4 - Fear 3 = Fear 1).