Enemy in Shadows - Missing text?

The enemy lurks in shadows
Coreyvw

It seems to me that in ‘The Journey Begins’ on page 19 of the The Enemy in Shadows it talks about the characters taking over since the coachmen are drunk but then suddenly starts talking about how to handle the wheel that came off the coach... but we never read about a wheel that came off. Was there a FAQ that includes the missing text?
adambeyoncelowe

This is a known mistake, I think.
Coreyvw

Solved: found the missing text in the collectors edition.
RubbleRunner

I don’t want to sound like an unappreciative moaner, but how the hell does something like this happen given the stupendously slow release rate and the fact that the pdf precedes the physical book. Given how long we’re waiting for these books the least you should expect is that there aren’t chunks of text missing.
Orin J.

RubbleRunner wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:41 pm I don’t want to sound like an unappreciative moaner, but how the hell does something like this happen given the stupendously slow release rate and the fact that the pdf precedes the physical book. Given how long we’re waiting for these books the least you should expect is that there aren’t chunks of text missing.
between the virus and the US tariffs messing up shipping, it's not impossible to understand right now.

but a lot of the problem is they're not good with keeping in touch about things and worse about getting product out.
Zisse

Is there an official place for feedback? DotR has an issue in one map, where the rivers are not correctly indexed.
skyperbole

You can either try emailing them directly (using the email on their website) or you can go to the Ratcatcher Discord, which has official ties to C7, including links to forms to submit errata. Not sure if DotR one is still active...
RubbleRunner

And there's the glaring 'look here!' on the player's map...
FasterThanJesus

Zisse wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 3:46 am Is there an official place for feedback? DotR has an issue in one map, where the rivers are not correctly indexed.
They have a google docs page but it expired mid July, I think submitted about a dozen responses, most were text/layout errors and a few comments on difficulty and rewards. It's damn frustrating because they only post about this info in annoying places, like social media.

I posted a few on EiS and its Companion and most were fixed. The only things not addressed were subjective comments, which the google docs page is not really set up to handle.
RubbleRunner

How long until a revised 2nd Edition.....
RubbleRunner

Cubicle 7 really make it difficult for there to be a WFRP4 online community. What exactly was their rationale for taking down the official Cubicle 7 forums‽
Zisse

Might be the EU privacy legislation.
Orin J.

Zisse wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:15 am Might be the EU privacy legislation.
it was that. their law about cookies doesn't actually understand how the internet works and makes forums nearly impossible to run, sort of how if you passed a law saying stores had to record every footprint left inside of them and report it to the government in case it's evindance of a crime, they'd go bankrupt and it wouldn't actually be helping with crime to begin with.
FasterThanJesus

Orin J. wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:35 pm
it was that. their law about cookies doesn't actually understand how the internet works and makes forums nearly impossible to run, sort of how if you passed a law saying stores had to record every footprint left inside of them and report it to the government in case it's evindance of a crime, they'd go bankrupt and it wouldn't actually be helping with crime to begin with.
It's rather strange. The intention seems reasonable but the implementation seems to lack a lot. The Article 13 legislation is even more concerning, which originally proposed levies on hyperlinks but that at least appears to have been amended. At the very least, the legislation wants to impose limitations on the internet that would be prohibitively complex and intractable with current technology.

I honestly don't think a forum would be really held to such account; it's more a theoretical problem but I can see why people, or businesses, would just decide it's not worth the hassle. I noticed a number of US websites I used to visit block me after GDPR came in but have since decided to either do the minimum to appear compliant or just ignore it all together.

Something tells me we're in for a few years of politicians and bureaucrats attempting to introduce regulation about things they really know nothing about (or probably getting advice from exactly the wrong people).
Zisse

I agree with most that you say, probably all. But, let's put this aside, since it is off-topic.
FasterThanJesus

Fair enough. The last thing I want is this to spring off into an EU debate as I'm fed up of them.

Either way, we're left without a proper forum for feedback to the published PDFs. The only mechanisms we have are emails to their support department or the google docs form, which is really just designed for pointing out typographic errors. This is a little frustrating as the two main complaints I have from EiS is that there is not enough info on what happens later in the campaign and a lack of background on the Purple Hand. I find both of these more of an issue than the odd typo, which is more of an annoyance, compared to the more difficult issues I mention that forces the GM to extra work that may then become redundant in later installments.
macd21

They seem to pay attention to discussion on the Ratcatcher’s Guild (Discord) and probably Facebook. Certainly DotR is going to get an increase in difficulty due to the feedback to the pdf release.
Hteph

It that case it is really strange that all other companies makes it work ... I think it is more of another C7 ... strangeness. too me it looks like they have taken this chaos think a couple of steps too far..
Capitaneus Fractus

Hteph wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:51 am
It that case it is really strange that all other companies makes it work ... I think it is more of another C7 ... strangeness. too me it looks like they have taken this chaos think a couple of steps too far..
Not only all other companies, even private users are able to create and manage their own forum...

To make the "EU privacy legislation" a scapegoat is, simply, silly.
Veniam, Duelli Malleum, phantasticum ludum personae uidebo, in fera terra periculosorum aduenturorum ludebam.
sx dwarf

You can submit errata by filling a dedicated form. It's even easier than ever! Everything is covered from the corebook to Hell Rides to Hallt, book or PDF!

https://www.cubicle7games.com/our-games ... ubmission/