It's your funeral

The enemy lurks in shadows
Zisse

Anyone else read this small adventure "It's your funeral" already?
I appreciate that C7 is publishing those small adventures and I like these rough-nights-like adventures in general. The plots in this one don't have very unexpected twists, but the combination of the subplots makes it fun. I try not to spoil to much in the following.

I plan using this for a one to one session with a wizard tending towards necromancy. We are in the middle of "making the rounds" and the player is going to miss a session.
I thought of giving him this as a special assignment. The adventure has an NPC who is already suspicious of the funeral. As a hook, he talked to Captain Pfeffer, who declined a large group of watchmen, but wants one of the group to go there and report. As the PC officially is just a scholar, he seems to be the least suspicious of watch involvement.

Depending on the outcome the PC might get access to forbidden tomes or the like.

Any additional ideas?
FasterThanJesus

Zisse wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:02 am Anyone else read this small adventure "It's your funeral" already?
I appreciate that C7 is publishing those small adventures and I like these rough-nights-like adventures in general. The plots in this one don't have very unexpected twists, but the combination of the subplots makes it fun. I try not to spoil to much in the following.

I plan using this for a one to one session with a wizard tending towards necromancy. We are in the middle of "making the rounds" and the player is going to miss a session.
I thought of giving him this as a special assignment. The adventure has an NPC who is already suspicious of the funeral. As a hook, he talked to Captain Pfeffer, who declined a large group of watchmen, but wants one of the group to go there and report. As the PC officially is just a scholar, he seems to be the least suspicious of watch involvement.

Depending on the outcome the PC might get access to forbidden tomes or the like.

Any additional ideas?
I grabbed it the other day. I've only read through The Garden Morr section, which was a little useful.

My understanding was it was written at a convenction with people just throwing ideas around, so I'm not expecting the most polished supplement ever, but hopefully fun, as you say.

The Graeme Davis picture was neat.
Zisse

FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:02 am I grabbed it the other day. I've only read through The Garden Morr section, which was a little useful.
The map of the cemetery is not bad.
My understanding was it was written at a convenction with people just throwing ideas around, so I'm not expecting the most polished supplement ever, but hopefully fun, as you say.

The Graeme Davis picture was neat.
The picture is neat, indeed.
Mixing up ideas, which would not make a good story on their own, does work great in this type of adventure. You should not only rely on this method, though.
Bifi666

Zisse wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:44 am
FasterThanJesus wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:02 am I grabbed it the other day. I've only read through The Garden Morr section, which was a little useful.
In a medieval city I would not expect such neatly squarish plots of land... and such low grave density outside of nobles' sectors either. Also depicting a couple of adjacent streets or other terrain would be good to get a feeling for what lies around and how the Garden is approached. Other than that the Garden itself is instructive.

Not sure about the plot though, I have just skimmed through the motivations and have not read the timeline. But since my players already played Rough Nights, I was hoping to build this into our upcoming TEW campaign.
macd21

Bifi666 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 3:54 am
Zisse wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 6:44 am
In a medieval city I would not expect such neatly squarish plots of land... and such low grave density outside of nobles' sectors either. Also depicting a couple of adjacent streets or other terrain would be good to get a feeling for what lies around and how the Garden is approached. Other than that the Garden itself is instructive.

Not sure about the plot though, I have just skimmed through the motivations and have not read the timeline. But since my players already played Rough Nights, I was hoping to build this into our upcoming TEW campaign.
A garden of Morr would usually be outside a city or town, not inside.
Zisse

It is outside of town in this adventure.
Bifi666

Then it makes more sense :)