Damage while defending

The enemy lurks in shadows
BISHOPHAWK

Am I understand this correctly? My opponent attacks and I defend,, I get 3 sl and he only gets 2sl, I determine hit location and damage, and he loses an advantage?
ExReey

You gain 1 advantage, he looses all his advantage, and nobody gets hurt (unless criticals were rolled).
adambeyoncelowe

BISHOPHAWK wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 2:30 am Am I understand this correctly? My opponent attacks and I defend,, I get 3 sl and he only gets 2sl, I determine hit location and damage, and he loses an advantage?
You don't do damage on defence unless you a) roll a Critical, or b) have and choose to activate the Riposte Talent. You just gain 1 Advantage and he loses all his Advantage for losing the Opposed Test. No need to roll hit location, either, as you're not doing damage unless the above applies. Crits always reroll hit location but for Riposte, you'd do the usual thing of reversing the dice to get the hit location.
CommanderCax

Powerful creatures (e.g. some Daemons) do have a Trait called Champion. This Trait allows to do damage even when defending.