Enemy Within Updates (plus other stuff)

The enemy lurks in shadows
FasterThanJesus

The latest dev diary, which I once again missed, contains some nice stuff. This time it is cutting room content for River Gods of the Empire, it has about 4 pages on the gods Altaver, Aach, Bogenauer, Gorol, Grandfather Reik, Karag and Manan. It includes some content for Holy Sites, Strictures and half a dozen new miracles. Overall it's good stuff but feels like it needs fleshing out, which is likely why it got cut as any more room would be hitting the page count.
adambeyoncelowe

Yep, it's okay but non-essential info.
sx dwarf

From Cubicle 7 Facebook page (June 4th):

The PDF for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay The Enemy Within Volume 2: Death on the Reik is almost ready for release. We are just adding some final polish to the book, which has taken a little longer than anticipated. This includes some rather intricate covers for the Collector’s Edition. The first of these should really put the death into Death on the Reik...

The first book of the set will be available for preorder soon, with the PDF available to download immediately. Death on the Reik’s Companion is coming along nicely, and is packed with the same bevy of additional NPCs, extra content, adventures, and rules that were found in the Enemy in Shadows Companion. We are aiming to release the Companion PDF in July.

https://www.facebook.com/33471807326363 ... 956897985/
crazy_cat

Isn't this just the standard C7 update for an upcoming release? It's 'almost ready' and will be available 'soon'
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
FasterThanJesus

Those updates are so predictable they're probably the result of the world's least sophisticated bot.

Edit: they didn't make their 3 week estimate for the DotR PDF.
FasterThanJesus

Another developer diary has just been published, this one containing a list a of river based hedge craft spells cut from the main book.

Again, nothing ground-breaking, but some could be useful spells for either characters to acquire or add some extra flavour to witch/hedge wizard NPCs. I like this and the last update. They're obviously not complete, but do give some useful extra material to the main published content.
FasterThanJesus

DotR is officially delayed (albeit still scheduled for this month). Apparently it was deemed that more artwork was needed.
crazy_cat

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:22 am DotR is officially delayed (albeit still scheduled for this month). Apparently it was deemed that more artwork was needed.
'Delayed you say? Still a while longer to wait, but ready 'soon' - honest this time, really!'
'Why sir, you surprise me with this shocking news!'
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
FasterThanJesus

crazy_cat wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:49 am 'Delayed you say? Still a while longer to wait, but ready 'soon' - honest this time, really!'
'Why sir, you surprise me with this shocking news!'
This is why it's a good thing I don't have a twitter account, such sarcasm occurred to me straight away and I doubt I would have resisted posting it.
FasterThanJesus

Dev Diary 11 is out today (once again known only from looking at the twitter feed).

Collector's Edition covers are revealed: Morr for DotR and Verena for the Companion. They're in the same style as the volume 1, but are a bit more intricate. I like them, but they're not eveyone's cup of tea.

The relase of DotR is now classified as imminent. For some reason I thought of Zeno's dichotomy paradox: to get to the release, we need to get halfway to the release and then halfway from there to the release...

Edit: also just released as a PDF only product: https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-monu ... kland-pdf/
dry_erase

I'm excited that 'Monuments of the Reikland' came out today - it's the first official thing I've had published for WFRP. I was going for something based heavily in the background but with plenty of opportunities to give GMs something to actually use.

I hope people enjoy it. I was absolutely delighted by the artist's work visualising the monuments.
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

FasterThanJesus wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:25 am Dev Diary 11 is out today (once again known only from looking at the twitter feed).
After giving up on Cubicle 7 to inform me of anything, I signed up for notifications at drivethrurpg for Cubicle 7’s releases, and that’s actually worked pretty well.

Congratulations on publication dry_erase! I’ll have to pick that up.
Wolf

dry_erase wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:31 pm I'm excited that 'Monuments of the Reikland' came out today - it's the first official thing I've had published for WFRP. I was going for something based heavily in the background but with plenty of opportunities to give GMs something to actually use.

I hope people enjoy it. I was absolutely delighted by the artist's work visualising the monuments.
And presumably largely edition neutral? May be you should give it a puff in the general section too?
dry_erase

Wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:47 am And presumably largely edition neutral? May be you should give it a puff in the general section too?
Yes. There's an NPC with stats, a bloodsedge and a few references to skills, but nothing that would stop it working with other editions.

Just need to think of a non-obnoxious way to promote it!
FasterThanJesus

dry_erase wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am
Yes. There's an NPC with stats, a bloodsedge and a few references to skills, but nothing that would stop it working with other editions.

Just need to think of a non-obnoxious way to promote it!
I grabbed it and printed it yesterday. I skimmed over it and agree the artwork is good. This side of WFRP v4 has picked up since the rulebook where I thought some of the character art was a bit off. I'm still reading my physical copy of EiS CE (I paid that much for it, I'm down well get my money's worth before I can start playing it). However, even at first glance, the Horological Clock may get dropped in my TEW campaign whenever I get around to starting it.

Also, as a point to version agnosticism, a free conversion guide was also released yesterday, which may help any 1st or 2nd ed players. It doesn't support v3.
Chuck wrote: After giving up on Cubicle 7 to inform me of anything, I signed up for notifications at drivethrurpg for Cubicle 7’s releases, and that’s actually worked pretty well.
I get notified by drivethrurpg for everything but the dev diary. I might need to go through all the options with a fine combe and see if I'm missing something there.
FasterThanJesus

Available for download. My opinions to follow.
Valvorik

I just purchased "Death on the Reik". I was disappointed that despite the description noting it would include the Guide of Life on the River, the adventure instead notes that this will be in the Companion to Death on the Reik. Personally I was disappointed as I have the original edition but not the Life on the River pullout.

The best thing about the whole adventure is referenced though. James Wallis Burnt My Boat.

Rob
FasterThanJesus

They should have announced that change earlier.

What has happened, for anyone thinking about the purchase, is that Carrion up the Reik has been merged into the main plot with the first being the final of eight chapters in DotR. To make room River Life of the Empire has been moved to the companion. That said, I struggle to see how it would have fit, since RLotE was 20 pages and the replacement is 15. I wonder how much of the delay was trying to work out what to squeeze in where.

Although it doesn't affect me and I actually think that logically it makes more sense to do this, it really should have been announced earlier, or they could have made RLotE a separate PDF or something.

edit: I forgot about emperor Boris the Incompetent. This follows on from Gideon's manipulation of merchants in SoB (George Gideon Osborne). I wonder what prescience is contained in PBtT?
FasterThanJesus

Information regarding Death on the Reik, its Companion, Power Behind the Throne and City of the White Wolf: https://www.cubicle7games.com/wfrp-upcoming-releases/
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

I appreciate the updates @FasterThanJesus.