Conversion of 2e Paths of the Damned to 4e

The enemy lurks in shadows
Gman

Hello all, I cant seem to find a conversation guide online for conveting 2e adventures to 4e. My wife bought Paths of the Damned for me and I would live to run it using 4e.

Anyone know of a conversion guide out there.

Thanks

Gary
CommanderCax

Hello Gary,

I cannot give you a conversation guide, but converting 2nd ed. to 4th ed. is rather easy. I am almost finished with converting The Thousand Thrones for my campaign. It is mainly converting the NPC stats, while for tests you have to apply some common sense (ie. T-Test becomes Endurance-Test, most Ag-Tests become Athletics-Tests etc.). For the NPCs you can keep the stats as they are most of the time (Dex and I need some fidgeting), whereas you have to check the Skills (and apply advances in accordance to the PC careers) and Talents more thoroughly.

Cheers
CC
Zisse

The old world podcast had an episode about conversion. They also provided an excel to support it.

http://oldworldpodcast.com/index.php/2019/02/06/014/

http://oldworldpodcast.com/index.php/downloads/
Gman

Thanks very much for the advise and link. I will check it out and give it a try.

Thanks

Gary
Dr. Vril

CommanderCax wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 am Hello Gary,

I cannot give you a conversation guide, but converting 2nd ed. to 4th ed. is rather easy. I am almost finished with converting The Thousand Thrones for my campaign. It is mainly converting the NPC stats, while for tests you have to apply some common sense (ie. T-Test becomes Endurance-Test, most Ag-Tests become Athletics-Tests etc.). For the NPCs you can keep the stats as they are most of the time (Dex and I need some fidgeting), whereas you have to check the Skills (and apply advances in accordance to the PC careers) and Talents more thoroughly.

Cheers
CC
Re the Thousand Thrones conversion, anything you can share? :) I was just going to do this myself . . .
CommanderCax

Dr. Vril wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:53 pm

Cheers
CC
Re the Thousand Thrones conversion, anything you can share? :) I was just going to do this myself . . .
Just sent you a PM. Cheers
Dr. Vril

CommanderCax wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:08 am

Cheers
CC
Thank you--this is great. I checked my PM and nothing was attached--iprobably because I just recently registered (e.g., when I tried to PM you, the site said that was restricted for me because I was a recent registrant). My email is dr.vril@gmail.com if you can resend? Much appreciated either way.
Zekiel

There is a free Pdf on drivethrurpg for converting 1st and 2nd edition to 4th edition. That might be aimed at converting PCs but should be applicable to npcs too.
Dr. Vril

Dr. Vril wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:14 am
CommanderCax wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:08 am

Thank you--this is great. I checked my PM and nothing was attached--iprobably because I just recently registered (e.g., when I tried to PM you, the site said that was restricted for me because I was a recent registrant). My email is dr.vril@gmail.com if you can resend? Much appreciated either way.
Got your email—fantastic job, thank you so much for sharing!
Lordarioch

Can someone also send me the conversion of the campaign The Thousand Thrones? Thanx a lot