“hate”, “keep silent” (i.e stfup....), last response to me was “leave” ....Orin J. wrote: ↑Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:57 pmso it's not challenging to the players, but there's a risk? that's not a good dynamic. this is why i hate the "player's narrative" argument, it leads inexorably to removing the system itself in favor of just giving the players what they want and removed the rewarding feeling of overcoming a challenge. that overcoming the odds has been key to the warhammer setting since it's inception, and removing what makes WFRP unique isn't beneficial. if you don't like what made the warhammer world interesting to play in you should reassess what you want out of WFRP or at least keep silent and transfer adventures and any other thing you deem worth to the homebrew you like. At least if you really love the franchise.mormegil wrote: ↑Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:08 amJust to add my 2 cents. I see no problem concerning snowball effect. 90% of the time is taking the player's side and the rest 10% the players have several options to change it. The way I say it, most important thing is the player's narrative and the game is spot-on on this, along with some serious challenges to the players health.
What Mormegil writes makes perfect sense i.e mostly the PCs in RPGs do not die in every encounter. It doesn’t meanthe encounters do not feel challenging. That part is all down to the GM and the game’s environement.