Large Targets and Damage

The enemy lurks in shadows
Rat Catcher

I don't like the idea that bigger creatures are easier to damage. Do you think the following house rules works or will I experience turbulence further down the line?

Any bonuses for hitting large creatures are only applied to the attack roll. When calculating SL for damage, do not include the attack bonus. For example, hitting an Enormous target grants a +40 bonus (see page 161). When calculating damage, you ignore 4 points of SL.
CapnZapp

Honestly, I would rather give larger creatures more Wounds in that case, and not make damage calculation more complicated.

Specifically, you're trying to uncouple the fundamental property of the "single-roll" combat mechanism of 4th Edition, that +10% to hit automatically translates to +1 damage. And I honestly would not recommend going down that rabbit hole - if this property doesn't work for you, maybe it would be easier to just use 2nd edition instead...
Rat Catcher

CapnZapp wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:54 am Honestly, I would rather give larger creatures more Wounds in that case, and not make damage calculation more complicated.
That's a nice simple house rule.

Thanks
Rat Catcher

Has someone compiled a document of all the issues WFRP4 has or is there a website that discusses them? I'd like to go through them to decide if I want to start house ruling things or just move to another rpg.
macd21

I think there’s an unofficial FAQ that someone is compiling over on Discord.
Danke Dave

BadJuJu has a Unofficial FAQ (mostly confirmed by Andy previous to resigning) in the Rat Catcher's Guild under the 4th Edition section called wfrp4-rule-clarification. Here is the link to the Google doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s7- ... sp=sharing
Rat Catcher

18 pages!
CapnZapp

Rat Catcher wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 5:21 am Has someone compiled a document of all the issues WFRP4 has or is there a website that discusses them? I'd like to go through them to decide if I want to start house ruling things or just move to another rpg.
I would say "this very website".

I mean, there's the issues that Cubicle 7 has acknowledged, there's the "unofficial" acknowledgement from various devs, and then there's systemic issues I don't think C7 will ever confess to.

Check this very forum for details. I myself have started several threads related to the subject of "WFRP4 issues".
Rat Catcher

This is starting to feel like trying to pick daisies in a minefield.
Pepote

OFFICIAL RULE: If the attacker is larger than the victim, it multiplies any Damage caused by the number of steps larger it is (so, 2 steps=×2, 3 steps =×3, and so on); this multiplication is calculated after all modifiers are applied.

MY HOUSE RULE: If the attacker is smaller than the victim, it halves any Damage caused by the number of steps smaller it is (so, 2 steps=/2, 3 steps =/3, and so on); this division is calculated after all modifiers are applied.

In addition to this, I have applied many other house rules to make big creatures more dangerous. In my test sessions we have realized that it is too easy to overthrow them for a well organized group.