Ties between Starter Set and Enemy Within

The enemy lurks in shadows
Zisse

Hello all,

this is my first post here. I have been away from WFRP (1E) and other RPG for about 20 years. My friends and I started playing D&D again about two years ago. With WFRP 4E out we are eager to face the grim and perilous old world once again. I GMed TEW in the past, so I am doomed to do so again when the director's cut is out. I am looking forward to my doom, though ;-).

I read a bit about the starter set. It seems that it to some extent provides the background for TEW. My first idea has been that a friend of mine could GM the Ubersreik adventures. Those of you, who know the content of the ubersreik adventures, can you judge if we could run into spoiler issues for my friend, when he GMs Ubersreik and then plays TEW? Could I miss important information from the starter set that I need for the full pleasure of TEW? I know this can be answered partialy only, since the new TEW is not out yet.

Cheers,
Zisse
FasterThanJesus

I wouldn't say it's much of a prelude to TEW. There are references to TEW at most, but I don't recall anything that could be considered a spoiler.
CapnZapp

Welcome to the forums, Zisse!
Karanthir

The spoiler-free version is that there has been a coup in Ubersreik, some details of which will apparently be revealed in TEW. I think if you play the Ubersreik adventures you will know enough about the situation to GM TEW, and likewise your friend probably won't know too much (if anything) that he shouldn't. You could always read the starter set after playing to make sure.
Zisse

Thanks for your Welcome and Feedback. I guess we can then do as planned.
Zisse

Opening this up, because C7 announced "The Guilty Party". First of all to let everyone in the forum know.
Second: does somebody know, if this particular Ubersreik adventure is going to be available as PDF?
skerrigan

My understand is yes, it will be a pdf you can get on drivethru, and free if you have the other 5??
Verdant Castellan of Bretonnia and Purveyor of the Perilous Realm Podcast
Silke

Has enyone quicker then me read through all of the material publised so far and can tell me the link between the adventures?
Zisse

They are not tightly linked. A few Background NPCs appear in more than one adventure. I see them as small fleshed out pieces in the Ubersreik "Sandbox". The single adventure can be railroady, at least heart of glass.

Does anyone have access to the guilty party? I cannot see it on dtrpg yet.
mormegil

Nope, it is not available yet. I except it the coming week.

Interested to see whether there will be any connection. Heart of Glass though I feel that it adds a lot of background story with wizards etc.
FasterThanJesus

What Zisse says.

A couple play out like scenarios that can be dropped in anywhere anytime, like Bait and Witch and Slaughter in Spittlefield. Heart of Glass is very railroady, which is unfortunate as I think it would have been good adventure with a bit more material to work with.
Jackdays

Zisse wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:30 am I read a bit about the starter set. It seems that it to some extent provides the background for TEW. My first idea has been that a friend of mine could GM the Ubersreik adventures. Those of you, who know the content of the ubersreik adventures, can you judge if we could run into spoiler issues for my friend, when he GMs Ubersreik and then plays TEW? Could I miss important information from the starter set that I need for the full pleasure of TEW? I know this can be answered partialy only, since the new TEW is not out yet.
The political situation of Ubersreik may play some role in final parts of TEW - as we probably will have that civil-war. But, otherwise I don't think Starter adventures will have any connections to TEW really. If you friend let's you read the the Guidebook first 9 pages and then The Province of Ubersreik Chapter, you probably get what you need, and not spoil anything really from the adventures. Ubersreik, it's situation and characters, connect partly and nicely to the Rough Nights and Hard Days actually.
Welcome to grim and perilous Norsca. Welcome to Kalevala Hammer.

kalevalahammer@gmail.com
www.kalevalahammer.com