TEW Remastered - Collectors Edition Preorder!

The enemy lurks in shadows
crazy_cat

On the C7 website:
https://www.cubicle7games.com/product/e ... ollection/
Pricey - but looks lovely!
Includes some teasers on general content for part one and companion.
'You should never be in the company of anybody with whom you would not wish to die'
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

As far as i can see the only difference in the actual product* of the special edition is the 'special covers' ( which i don't like that much ). Am i wrong?

* As opposed to the 'extras' like 'developer diaries' and an earlier PDF.
Orin J.

looks like a collector's box to hold the books together on the shelf is planned as well. we'll see if it makes the final product!
Chuck
Power Behind the Throne

I’m such a sucker for stuff like this.
Sword of Solkan

totsuzenheni wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 pm As far as i can see the only difference in the actual product* of the special edition is the 'special covers' ( which i don't like that much ). Am i wrong?

You’re not wrong, I got the same impression from C7’s Facebook post. They’re charging an extra £50 for the collector’s edition, but they haven’t explained what you’re getting in return than isn’t in the standard edition (beyond special covers).
Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man.
Totsuzenheni Yukimi

Sword of Solkan wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 4:31 pm
totsuzenheni wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:57 pm As far as i can see the only difference in the actual product* of the special edition is the 'special covers' ( which i don't like that much ). Am i wrong?

You’re not wrong, I got the same impression from C7’s Facebook post. They’re charging an extra £50 for the collector’s edition, but they haven’t explained what you’re getting in return than isn’t in the standard edition (beyond special covers).
I think that that is it. I wouldn't want them to provide anything of substance in the Collectors Edition that wasn't in the standard edition, so i suppose they are limited to knick knacks and fancy artwork. Oh, and the slipcases. I guess the slipcases don't come with the standard editions. I suppose they could do some fancier versions of pregenerated PC sheets and maps and the like.
mormegil

As is, seem too expensive.
CapnZapp

Nah. Us older gamers are approaching fifty. The kids are out the house, the mortgage is paid off. They know their audience.

$750 is peanuts for the nostalgiac looking to reward himself...