Karak Azgal

The thousand threads
Braddoc

Hey everyone,

I'm gonna be GM-ing for my gaming club friends and since they are looking for a "simple dungeon-crawl", I jumped on the chance of running Karak Azgal.

Now, going to the Hold is a campaign onto itself, but skipping the usual road trip, the Party will begin as they arrive at one of the Watchtower a mile from the Hold.

Party is surely getting rolled this week right now we have for sure a Dwarven Shiledbreaker, the other 2-3 chars are still unknown.

But the question is now, can they begin the campaign at first career? I thought of having them begin play with 1000xp, allowing them to maybe reach their 2nd Career and start with better stats and gear....this would be XP gained during the trip to reach the Karak.

Would it be too much to have them start with 1000 XP, or would it be better to start with 'new' character?

Anyone who ran the Dungeon have any idea or tips to run it better?

Thanks in advance!
Orin J.

There's nothing keeping you from keeping the serious dungeon baddies "down" a few more levels and teasing them with enough gobbos/skaven/hints to level them up a bit first, which is the advantage of the fact it doesn't precisely map WHERE the event areas are. if you aren't sure, i'd say to outline a suitable "teaser" adventure if the group doesn't roll up as well as you like, like the greenskins having sent some goblins up to find a good point ot invade from and let their boss's map lead back to where their boss is.
Braddoc

Orin J. wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:40 pm There's nothing keeping you from keeping the serious dungeon baddies "down" a few more levels and teasing them with enough gobbos/skaven/hints to level them up a bit first, which is the advantage of the fact it doesn't precisely map WHERE the event areas are. if you aren't sure, i'd say to outline a suitable "teaser" adventure if the group doesn't roll up as well as you like, like the greenskins having sent some goblins up to find a good point ot invade from and let their boss's map lead back to where their boss is.
I plan on doing more than just the mapped events; it is a hold after all, so I don't think 4-5 groups a couple of adventurers can handle is really holding the Dwarves back. Just like they can cross Goblins on level 1 with no problem, just I don't think they'll have a detailed map to go back to their Boss it would be a bit too easy and almost railroading
Orin J.

i don't recall saying "Detailed" anywhere, but do it the way you like mate.